Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Later version won't install

• Later version won't install

i have an old version of the scrobbler and it constantly asks me to download the new one, but when i do download it and install, last.fm doesn't run.

UPDATE: installed the audiodesk, it crashed and i cannot reinstall my older version, HELP

they say if you leave a horse alone it dies, nestles into the hay and shuts its eyes
    Edited by Enrique- on 3 May 2012, 00:43
  • and also: the Audio Desktop Beta ain't working here, it crashes as long as i open the program

they say if you leave a horse alone it dies, nestles into the hay and shuts its eyes
  • This happened to me too.

I get a error message that gives me three options to abort, ignore or retry. Retry doesn't work and ignoring is not recommended. The error message says "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing files, delete file failed code 5, access is denied.

c: programfiles/lastfm/QtCore4.dll and on the progress bar, that's where it gets stuck... the qt4core bit.

I've also uninstalled Last Fm and tried to reinstall it but it's not working at all. I can still visit my page but nothing is scrobbling because no scrobbling program is installed successfully.

Appreciate any assistance, but until then, i'll continue to keep an eye on the forums.

Cheers
    C

• Please try deleting Last.fm from your computer, and then deleting any residual files:

Mac:

The easiest way to do this is to open the Terminal app, and paste the following:

rm ~/Library/Preferences/fm.last.*

and

rm -rf ~/"Library/Application Support/Last.fm"

PC:

Try uninstalling the Last.fm desktop client, then removing residual files by deleting the following folder:

C:\Users\*YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME HERE*\AppData\Local\Last.fm

then try reinstalling.

NB: Make sure that any media players aren't running when trying to install the
    Last.fm desktop app beta.

• Thanks! When I go the file path you've suggested (for PC) it specifies the Itunes plug in. Is that ok to delete? Cheers again x

• Yep, it'll reinstall when you install the new desktop app.

• Thanks so much for your help. It worked perfectly and was easy. All working now. Scrobbling, all good. Have a good weekend - Smack.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.