Forum » Last.fm Client Support

ipod wont scrobble

• globcik said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2011, 23:35

ipod wont scrobble

Hey,

I'm having this problem with my Ipod, "no scrobbles were found on your iPod", but I'm listening to it for 4 days per hour, tried so many different things but nothing worked. Earlier my iPod was scrobbling fine and now it's 1 year without scrobbles.
    Tried diagnostics, changing version of itunes, to restore my iPod, reinstalling and restarting things with itunes and iPod.

So, please help me.
    thanks

• Same problem here

Tried a million different fixes but nothing. Hope I can finally get some proper advice on this.

• I found that this happened after upgrading to ios5, and that it's not the scrobbling that doesn't work, because the play counts don't update in itunes either.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Nov 2011, 15:28

iPod (iOS 5.0.1), iTunes (10.5.1(42)), MacOS 10.7 (Lion), Last.fm (1.5.4.28012) won't scrobble

So my iPod Touch is having trouble scrobbling. I have received the "no scrobbles were found on your iPod" message, after listening to a few tracks on the Touch.

But other times it scrobbles just fine.

I have no idea why my Touch would scrobble sometimes but not others, and its frustrating not to get any response from last.fm people on this issue.

• Same problem here, it started when I upgraded to ios 5 ¬¬

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2011, 03:10

Re: iPod (iOS 5.0.1), iTunes (10.5.1(42)), MacOS 10.7 (Lion), Last.fm (1.5.4.28012) won't scrobble

emetsger said:

But other times it scrobbles just fine.

So my Touch just scrobbed 10 tracks (note I'm on iOS 5), but I know that I've listed to way more than 10 tracks since it last scrobbled. Not sure what's going on, but its annoying.

• Having the same issue, which is frustrating because apparently there is no solution. I use my ipod way more than any other media player, practically around the clock, and yet I don't have those stats represented on my profile.

Its to the point that I don't think my listening stats are even accurate... scrobbler tells me that I listened to a song twelve times in a row when I certainly didn't.

I'm using a !st gen ipod touch, itunes ver 10.5.1.42, on an HP laptop with the latest update of the scrobbler.

I've found that I can get a notification to pop up saying that my tracks from the ipod are being scrobbled if I plug in my ipod, open the scrobbler, and open iTunes in a specific order with a specific minimum wait period in between but this is just ridiculous. Even then it doesn't always come up with it's "Found XXX # of scrobbles on ipod" message, and the tracks don't go to my profile.

If last.fm developers ever check out these forums, we'd appreciate a response of some kind to acknowledge this issue, even if it's only a brief comment like "Taken into consideration," or something of the kind.

• Der_Fab said...
    • User
    • 23 Dec 2011, 16:23
    patrickcserrano said:
    Same problem here, it started when I upgraded to ios 5 ¬¬

Just love the world that won't love you back
  • takes a LONG time for mine to scrobble. sometimes it doenst work for me either

Zach
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jan 2012, 00:22
    its not been scrobbling for like 2 nd a half weeks. help

• Roscoe1 said...
    • User
    • 12 Jan 2012, 12:09
    I se that everybody have same problem.
    I'm using Classic 6th gen, i tried tunes from 8-10 v. both 32 and 64; manual scrobbling, alternative scrobblers and still notthing happened!. Hell, how i love Apple.

• Pelleke said...
    • User
    • 22 Jan 2012, 19:04
    Same problem here... I recently have an Ipod Touch 32 GB with Itunes 10 and IOS 5.0.1. I tried reinstalling Last.fm scrobblers, reinstalling Itunes, copying and reorganising my librairy, using manual and automatic scrobbling,... Nothing works.

I bought an Ipod because I thought that it would be easier and correcter to use with last FM than Zenses, boy, was I wrong.

• crw6291 said...
    • User
    • 22 Jan 2012, 21:30

yeah so

what the fuck, is someone going to figure this out

• Pelleke said...
    • User
    • 25 Jan 2012, 21:14
    I just bought Cloudscrob. Works like a charm with IOS 5.

• I have the same problem. (5.0.1) Touch - The first 2 times it just worked fine, but since yesterday.. i don't even get the message "scrobbles found" also iTunes doesn't count the plays either... ..:(

• [Spam]

Edited by Naijca on 10 Mar 2012, 15:59
  • [spam]

[spam]

Edited by Knapster01 on 7 Feb 2012, 10:58
  • I've had a similar problem, but it's always been going on since the first day I got my iPod, which was back in 2008.

Most of the time, it scrobbles every track I played on my iPod. Sometimes, it doesn't scrobble anything. Then sometimes, it scrobbles only a few of the songs.

I notice the last two happen often when I switch playlists on my iPod. Usually I don't do that, but when I do, that's when its scrobbles start messing up. My iTunes gets everything perfectly fine, but Last.fm's client won't.

Luckily, until this is fixed, we have this: http://universalscrobbler.invitationstation.org/ But it's a real pain when you have a long list of things to scrobble.

• Jack492 said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2012, 17:22
    BUMP.
    Sorry but has anyone worked out or found other forums that explain why on earth we can't scrobble music from our ipod? Ive got the latest software and nothing happens

• yeah...

if theyre not gonna address this soon I'm just gonna stop bothering with last.fm as my page is just completely innaccurate, only showing stuff I play on my computer which doesn't represent my tastes at all. Just a waste of time now, they shouldn't promise what they can't deliver.

• Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.