Forum » Last.fm Client Support

iTunes 10.5 / iOS 5 Wi-Fi Sync

• i got an ipod touch with IOS 5, with windows 7 64 bits and the scrobbler keeps crashing every time i open itunes =/

• any updates on this guys? Wired is working fine for me with my iPhone iOS5 & Mac platform, but wifi sync does not scrobble.

• It seems to work now after the iOS 5.0.1 update.

EDIT: I've tested it three times now, and it is working. However, I've found you have to click the eject icon next to your iDevice in the source list in iTunes. I don't know if this feature was there before as I never tried the eject trick, but it definitely works!

I should mention I'm on a Mac running Lion, Last.fm client 1.5.4 and an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1.

• Post-Rocker пишет:
    It seems to work now after the iOS 5.0.1 update.

EDIT: I've tested it three times now, and it is working. However, I've found you have to click the eject icon next to your iDevice in the source list in iTunes. I don't know if this feature was there before as I never tried the eject trick, but it definitely works!

I should mention I'm on a Mac running Lion, Last.fm client 1.5.4 and an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1.

Not working for me on iPhone 3gs. Still wait patch.

• phronko said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2011, 02:11
    Sooo, this fixed yet?

• Of course not!

...which is MADDENING because a staff member even commented on this forum and still nothing has changed at all.

I can't say I'm surprised; LastFM likes to add new features and cool gadgets in their lab and talk about all their data, but doesn't really enjoy that whole "refining the user experience" or "making it better" or "making things work like they could or should" thing.

Ever since that CBS buyout this company/site hasn't cared about its users one bit.

• It's been 54 days since I started this thread, and other than a brief, "we're working on this," nothing.

A little transparency would be nice - and certainly your coding masterminds are able to solve this issue. Why on earth is this not more of a priority?

• It is on a long list of things to fix in the new client, yes. Sadly we can't say exactly when it will be ready at this point in time.

• I kind of start to think it would be a good thing if Apple buyout Last.fm...

• When was the last update of the Last.fm Mac app? Even if the list of things to fix is long - it doesn't seem to be of high priority.

• welcome to the conformity of the pc world, ill bet you 10 bucks that the windows client is the only thing that is top priority right now....

• you can batch scrobble from the iPhone using an app called "iScrob", it gets the job done, even if you prefer using the default iPod app

• Up.
    No fix?

• ...nope. Still Nada.

• Rexly--a work around for iOS5 scrobbling

I had the same issue--iCloud and iTunes Match weren't syncing playcounts, and various scrobblers got confused. So we build in a workaround feature into our own app, which had been much requested anyway.

Rexly is a social music player. Bells and whistles aside, it is a player at its core, accessing on device music/playlists, and scrobbling to Last.fm in real time (no need for any syncing). Hope this is helpful, and pls do send us feedback!!

Joel

joel (at) rexly [dot] com

• spam

Edited by Babs_05 on 19 Feb 2012, 02:06
  • Word?

Four months later, I stumble on this. Any progress, fellas?

• Seems to sometimes work for me .... I can't figure out what triggers it to work though ... trying to scrobble manually via the app AND plugging in the USB cable seems to do nothing, but hours later ... 'confirm scrobbles' window pops up.

Mac osx 10.6.8, new iPhone 4s

• Still waiting for fix...

• BDisOKE said...
    • User
    • 25 Jun 2012, 16:07
    Any news on this? :)

• No update?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.