Forum » In the News

Photo shows Mars rover descent

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Aug 2012, 19:29

Photo shows Mars rover descent

BBC

A spectacular image of the Curiosity rover descending to the surface of Mars on its parachute has been obtained by an overflying satellite.
    (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19150849)

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19150849

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 7 Aug 2012, 00:09
    How long do I have to wait before I can post that in the iconic photographs thread? Haha.

• MSL !

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Aug 2012, 21:34
    Bloopy said:
    How long do I have to wait before I can post that in the iconic photographs thread? Haha.
    Lol that one you posted before definitely didn't belong =p

I'd probably say there are more iconic images to come.

• nice post!

[Pending moderation]
  • Photo shows Mars rover descent

I tend not to how extended accomplish I should remain beyond I wills submit that with your day-to-day iconic photos post?

• That is so good.
    A couple of years ago i got to visit JPL during an open house (they do them couple of times a year, free), saw Curiosity being built, etc. But the most amazing thing was how they were still getting data from the old rovers, moribund as they were. Like in the cartoon, dust had covered the solar panels, wheels were stuck but the damn little machine still kept doing its thing having fullfilled its lifespan by ten times.

Amazing.

-G

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2012, 14:52
    DaddyPobbin said:
    Bloopy said:
    Lol that one you posted before definitely didn't belong =p

I'd probably say there are more iconic images to come.

A View from Mars: A photo of Earth, Jupiter and Venus in the Martian sky is captured by the new Mars Rover.

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 14 Aug 2012, 04:36
    DaddyPobbin said:
    A View from Mars: A photo of Earth, Jupiter and Venus in the Martian sky is captured by the new Mars Rover.
    Ahah, that's not a photo! It's a computer simulation from the program Starry Night Enthusiast.

• Electr0m3t3r said:

I dig that. :)

"I never picked cotton"
    • andur92 said...
    • User
    • 30 Aug 2012, 13:48
    The artwork is really awesome & so funny! Lol..

Follow me on Twitter: Anirudh Bahadur
    • peehuu said...
    • User
    • 10 Sep 2012, 07:53
    [spam]

Edited by Bloopy on 10 Sep 2012, 08:27
  • Mars Parachute Photo

Very cool photo - I wish all of the images would be published in news outlets whenever they come to light.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.