Forum » In the News

Evil Evanescance

• Evil Evanescance

• goashem said...
    • User
    • 12 Dec 2004, 22:41
    Apparently, I've never been offended enough to sue anyone. Damnit, there goes another idea to get rich...

'I'm so omniscient. If there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.'
    --- Ziltoid the Omniscient.
    Edited by goashem on 13 Dec 2004, 11:16
  • "I don't want any other families to get this, expecting it to be clean. It needs to be removed from the shelves to prevent other children from hearing it," said Mr Skeens of Brownsville.

Brownsville where? :| Guy is an absolute moron. They will hear it in high school anyway.

It also seeks damages of up to $74,500 (£38,660) for every customer who bought the CD at Maryland Wal-Marts, and also naming record label Wind-Up Records and distributor BMG Entertainment in the legal action.

Wtf kind of damages were made? Is the child forever fucked for life? Is the child going to grow up to be a pedo, or prostitute? There is a chance, but most likely not.

--[o.O] ::
  • this child is going to grow up sheltered, then when it finally figures out how evil the world is, it will kill it'self.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2004, 10:29
    I read this a while back. Its a load of crap. Everyone hears swear words at some point in their life...fucking warning labels...

• Wow, they surely need a reality check.

OH NOES!! Swear words!!

• Re:

Quoth Reaper6699:
    Wow, they surely need a reality check.

OH NOES!! Swear words!!

REAPER, SHH! Don't swear. You hurt little kids.

--[o.O] ::
  • The worst part about this is I bet they'll win the lawsuit.

• It's fucking stupid how come people win law suits like this.

I dont know whether anyone heared about this, but someone broke into someones house and fell through the roof and broke both his legs. He sued the family because there was no warning that the roof was fragile or something.

The world is going mad

• Blime-o said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2004, 23:06
    It's even happening in Sweden (if it's from the US we'll import it). Some guy protected his home from a burglar, with a shotgun, and got fined and forced to pay damages because he shot the burglar. I believe the argument made was that the burglar had already been scared off when he was shot. A valid point I guess, but there is a risk that people won't dare to take action against petty thugs if this becomes standard routine in the courts. =|

"Title's are for people without identity"

Ironic, isn't it?
    Edited by Blime-o on 13 Dec 2004, 23:10
    • ThePKH said...
    • User
    • 14 Dec 2004, 11:44
    Is it true that in USA you can sue anyone for pretty much anything they do? Sometimes it seems so.

I am the terror that flaps in the night!
    • goashem said...
    • User
    • 14 Dec 2004, 12:07
    One could try to sue anyone here in Finland, too. But in case of a similar case, the judge and the jury would probably laugh their asses off when one would say to them: "I was so badly offended by the eevile cursewords on this record that I need a lot of money in order to calm down" :).

'I'm so omniscient. If there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.'
    --- Ziltoid the Omniscient.
    Edited by goashem on 14 Dec 2004, 12:08
  • Re:

Quoth dismaldevotion:
    this child is going to grow up sheltered, then when it finally figures out how evil the world is, it will kill it'self.

nice

• That's the dumbest thing I've heard since Tipper Gore decided to start parental advisory labels after that line about masturbating to a magazine in a Prince song...

• Can I sue Evanescance for making such crappy music that's always being played in the office?

"I am firstly a great charlatan, though con brio; secondly, a great charmeur; thirdly, I have any amount of cheek; fourthly, I am a man with a great quantity of logic, but with very few principles; fifthly, I think I have no real gifts." Serge Diaghilev
  • I'm going to sue Linsday Lohan. Her cleavage offends me.

BUT REALLY. This is dumb. If I were a judge, I'd throw this out. I hope the judge in charge of this case does the same.

• Re:

Quoth ratnerstar:
    Can I sue Evanescance for making such crappy music that's always being played in the office?

PS - Do you think I could sue them for turning my sister into a kutter?

• Re:

Quoth RottenBerry:
    I'm going to sue Linsday Lohan. Her cleavage offends me.

Hmmm...before I rule on the case, I'll have to examine the evidence a little closer. This court will recess for, oh, 10 minutes or so...have the defendant meet me in chambers.

"I am firstly a great charlatan, though con brio; secondly, a great charmeur; thirdly, I have any amount of cheek; fourthly, I am a man with a great quantity of logic, but with very few principles; fifthly, I think I have no real gifts." Serge Diaghilev
  • You should totally give her cunnilingus.

• Re: Re:

Quoth glazzycopter:
    Quoth dismaldevotion:
    this child is going to grow up sheltered, then when it finally figures out how evil the world is, it will kill it'self.

nice

it's true, maybe not to that extreme, but to some extent it is...

• Zheft said...
    • User
    • 18 Dec 2004, 09:06
    The only thing this does is clogging up the legal system.
    Instead of focusing on getting the real criminals in jail they have to listen to Mr and Mrs Nag about how this record destroyed their life.
    Sometimes I wonder what would happen if there was a law against these cases.. Oh well.
    To quote Disclaimer on some Offspring-record.
    "... if it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously. If it sounds dangerous don't try it at home or at all. If it offends you, just don't listen to it"

• If this means th end of Evanescence, I hope the guy wins.

I Am Deth! Fukk You!
    I'm not closed minded, I just hate lots of shit.
  • I hope it is the end of Evanescence. That'd be sweet.

• Re:

Quoth VimFuego:
    If this means th end of Evanescence, I hope the guy wins.

Agreed. This can only be a good thing. Whichever way you look at it.

Death is certain ~ Life is not
    Your mind lies dormant ~ Proceeding to rot
    The final curtain ~ Has drawn its close
    When death is certain ~ The end unfolds.

• that guys an idiot.
    swear words become almost another language once you get in high school.
    if you dont know what they are, you're not gonna know what the hells goin on.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.