Forum » Feedback and Ideas

July 13th site update

• July 13th site update

Hello!

Earlier today we updated Last.fm. Here's what's new:

The Friend Finder: better than before, and open to everyone. Our subscribers have helped us test a new friend finder on Last.fm, letting you find people who you know on Facebook, Gmail, or Yahoo. We've been gathering feedback for a while now, and have made some changes and improvements. Even more excitingly, it's now open to all users! You can find out more on our blog, or visit the friend finder to try it out.

Like it? Tweet it? +1 it. Google recently launched a new project, centered around sharing stuff you like online. To help you out, we've got +1 buttons on artist, album, track, and event pages. See an example here.

More performance tweaks. We've continued tweaking some back-end details with how pages get served to you, so things should be marginally faster now.

Bugfix extravaganza. We've fixed a lot of bugs in this release – at least 21. Our relentless march towards perfect software continues.

Bonus blog posts! Try out our new festival app, make friends with MP3.com, or discover the curse of the drum machine.

That's it for now, but we'll be back soon with more updates.

• Tecfan said...
    • Event Moderator
    • 13 Jul 2011, 16:43
    Event shout counter is back :)

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • DFA1979 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 13 Jul 2011, 19:24
    Tecfan said:
    Event shout counter is back :)
    yay for this!

Also I just spotted something odd in the friend finder, which I've written up in the friend finder thread.

• rwitte said...
    • Subscriber
    • 14 Jul 2011, 21:16
    Well I love optimisations and bugfixes :)
    and the friend finder has improved :)
    many thanks

• Thank you for bringing back the event shouts! I haven't used any of the new features (and probably won't), but they all seem like good ideas.

The wider is the comprehension
    the deeper and stronger is the illusion.

They're no more material -
    Since they're invisible -
  • Thanks, for the fixes and updates Last staff =)

• akrde said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2011, 21:19
    +1 is cool, thank you...

• just tried the friend finder, it's nice! will aim/aol be included later on?

• jlanzet said...
    • User
    • 14 Sep 2011, 22:45

I don't want to give 3rd party access

can you add a simple way to just put in friends' emails to invite them? It seems like you got the complicated stuff down, but not the easy one!

• *just realized this wasn't new and someone just bumped an old updates thread*

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.