Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Your ideas for new community features

• Babs_05 said...
    • 7 Jul 2012, 23:16

Re: Add stations to a Queue

sermontef said:
    Ability queue and bookmark stations. Last.fm is special in that it's better than all in music discovery/recommendation but I often have to go back to search that station to never find it again.
    Both web radio and the client keep a record of some of the history. For the web radio, see your Recent Stations (click on see more), in the scrobbler, the current one has a history section, and the new beta scrobbler is in line with web radio and also calls it Recent Stations.

• c99koder said:
    +1 for group activity notifications. I would love to be notified about new posts in the groups I manage instead of having to refresh the pages all day :)

(ignore my staff icon in this thread -- I'm not on the web team)

Thats a good idea. Refreshing blows.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Jul 2012, 11:04
    it would be nice if you could customize your profile page more, like move around columns and change the colors/background to your liking. also i'd love to be able to preview my about me page and signature before actually saving it
    [:

• Mitns said:
    it would be nice if you could customize your profile page more, like move around columns and change the colors/background to your liking. also i'd love to be able to preview my about me page and signature before actually saving it
    [:

Yes. So tired of being only able to choose black and red. Also, it'd be nice if you could see your about me before saving it.

• Oh I thought of something interesting. What about tags in users' profiles? As an optional feature, to include a little tag cloud. So you would know how compatible you are with other user, and it'd not be solely based on artists

• owlies said...
    • User
    • 17 Jul 2012, 17:15
    I would like the ability to filter a friend's library so that it only displays bands that have 0 plays in my library. This would be the best way for me to find new music.

Goodreads has something called "librarian" status - trusted users who work to clean up database entries. I would love it if Last.fm had something similar.

Album release dates are almost always wrong or not even available. I often have to open up a wikipedia page just to see the year of release. This is stupid.

Ability to sort friends by number of plays, proximity to a zip code, and closest match to my library.

On the main charts page - ability to see top artists overall for ALL DATES on Last.fm. Some kind of "top artists of all time" chart for the entire community. Songs and albums would be nice too.

• headey said...
    • User
    • 17 Jul 2012, 20:19

http://beta.combofm.de ?

@owlies
    +1 for most of those.

btw, though it doesn't give you a list it should be possible to PLAY someone else's library excluding stuff in your own library using http://beta.combofm.de and 'not' between the two libraries.
    It isn't fool proof but it might be a start.

Here's a trial with krystle_pepsi
    lastfm://rql/bGlicmFyeTprcnlzdGxlX3BlcHNpIG5vdCBsaWJyYXJ5Om93bGllcw== (scrobbler) or
    http://last.fm/listen/rql/bGlicmFyeTprcnlzdGxlX3BlcHNpIG5vdCBsaWJyYXJ5Om93bGllcw==

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • owlies said...
    • User
    • 17 Jul 2012, 22:25
    @headey - thanks for the tip! I hardly ever use the radio feature but maybe I will now.

• Garyyy said...
    • User
    • 19 Jul 2012, 04:00
    deleted

• Top albums instead of top tracks

I'm sure a lot of devoted album listeners (like myself) don't really care about their top tracks. I'm suggesting that it would be great if users could choose between top tracks and top albums to be shown on their landing profile page. Of course I'm fully aware there are lots of tools users can add in "about me" section that show their top albums but in my humble opinion it would a lot easier and more effective with this feature.

One other thing: I remember last year there was a feature to see users tags while opening a detailed view of their plays from certain artist. I discovered some awesome artists that way and now it's gone.

• mfinco said...
    • User
    • 19 Jul 2012, 21:47

Player timeout

I just wish the player would timeout between songs and not in the middle of the best ones.

• shnabors said...
    • Subscriber
    • 1 Aug 2012, 04:34

suggestion for added Friends List feature

How about the ability to sort our friends lists?... for instance, by name, date we became friends, but *mostly,* by compatibility ranking. I use my friends list regularly to find new music, but the list has become so big, it's a long process to go through page by page to find someone, especially when you can't remember the names.

• headey said...
    • User
    • 1 Aug 2012, 10:55

Re: suggestion for added Friends List feature

shnabors said:
    How about the ability to sort our friends lists?
    +1

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • Status

Why not allow people to have a status at the top of their page? Many popular applications have this feature and it adds character.

La distance est à l'amour ce que le vent est au feu: Elle éteint le petit. Elle attise le grand.
  • Messages in inbox/sent

I wish 1) sth to search words in old msg and 2) skip to previous/next msg.
    It so unbelievable to find anything in many messages.

• Groups

In a profile to show more than 5 groups?

• 3liah said...
    • User
    • 5 Aug 2012, 17:04

Achievements, anyone?

I came up with the idea for achievements that show up on your site.

These can either be personal achievements (if you played a song or an artist over 100x, 1000x,...) or global achievements for "Top Listeners".

So, what do you think? I´d also be interested in more ideas for achievements!

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by Ziomek2000 on 18 Aug 2012, 09:11
    • LL4KK said...
    • User
    • 7 Aug 2012, 20:32

Re: suggestion for added Friends List feature

shnabors said:
    How about the ability to sort our friends lists?... for instance, by name, date we became friends, but *mostly,* by compatibility ranking. I use my friends list regularly to find new music, but the list has become so big, it's a long process to go through page by page to find someone, especially when you can't remember the names.

I agree.

• owlies said:
    Goodreads has something called "librarian" status - trusted users who work to clean up database entries. I would love it if Last.fm had something similar.
    i'd like to second this. Especially for correcting tags and such, such as artists like The Mothers of Invention, Snoop Doggy Dogg, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Makaveli, and Patti Smith Group, and others I'm sure, whos tracks and albums are mistagged under other artists.

• I'd like to sort friends into folders or something. I have too many to be able to look up the relative few that I am personal, real life friends with. Since most of the friends I have on here asked me, I don't want to just "unfriend" them.....

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2012, 04:51

We want the ability to change username!

It is an absurdity as great a social network does not allow its users to make something as simple as changing the username. Surely all users of lastfm feel better and freer if they could change username, both users and the site would benefit if there were such a possibility. Of course I speak of that username is not being used. Lastfm, please like Twitter and let us change the username.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2012, 15:40

Re: We want the ability to change username!

MattheusRamos said:
    It is an absurdity as great a social network does not allow its users to make something as simple as changing the username. Surely all users of lastfm feel better and freer if they could change username, both users and the site would benefit if there were such a possibility. Of course I speak of that username is not being used. Lastfm, please like Twitter and let us change the username.

Yep. Obviously.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2012, 15:43

Re:Subtle Personal Customization?

said:
    I was wondering if it were possible to implement something that would allow users to choose for themselves, amongst the pictures already provided on an artist's page, which specific photo they'd like to display for said artist/group on their personal page and in their library.

While the top voted image would remain the "default" photo for the Artist page, the user could choose to select an alternate photo for their own library. Simply, this adds a degree of personalization that—although subtle—allows users some aesthetic liberty, permitting them to couple their favourite artist(s) with their favourite picture of them without affecting other users.

I think this would be especially useful for people who select particular artists to display on their profile, as well as for users who do not choose this option. I hope this isn't too bold of a suggestion!

This would be great too!

• SAGYology said:
    Top albums instead of top tracks

I'm sure a lot of devoted album listeners (like myself) don't really care about their top tracks. I'm suggesting that it would be great if users could choose between top tracks and top albums to be shown on their landing profile page. Of course I'm fully aware there are lots of tools users can add in "about me" section that show their top albums but in my humble opinion it would a lot easier and more effective with this feature.

One other thing: I remember last year there was a feature to see users tags while opening a detailed view of their plays from certain artist. I discovered some awesome artists that way and now it's gone.

I love the top albums idea. My top track list, too, is filled entirely with tracks from the album I listened to most this week hehe.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.