Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Virtual DJ

• jacub82 said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2008, 05:05

Virtual DJ

I tried searching for this suggestion, but couldn't find one.

Anyway, I think a scrobbler for Virtual DJ would be cool. I mean, when I'm practicing or performing, I am listening to it.

• Does the program support 3rd party plugins?
    That seems to be a problem with a lot of the DJ-software.

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
  • I hope it does indeed support third party apps.

Would be great to get a scrobbler going.

• Virtual DJ does indeed support third party plugins. If anyone would be so gracious as to create one, I would pimp it in my weekly tracklist blogs.

-they will find you in a dumpster-
    • radiofc said...
    • User
    • 25 Mar 2009, 19:51
    I too would like to have Virtual DJ scrobble the tracks I play. There is a file which is updated by Virtual DJ called tracklist.txt and perhaps the third party plugin could monitor this file and scrobble the tracks played.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it
    George Bernard Shaw : soundcloud : twitter
  • I'm on this boat too. It will even display your current track in MSN messenger, a plugin couldn't be hard at all for someone with the know-how.

—Sir William, the Valiant and Mighty
  • definitely would be an awsome plugin

• engessa said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2009, 17:51
    Yeah, would be awesome! But i dont think the 'market' is big enough for someone to make one :(

• Hey guys,

I've just developed a program that reads the tracklist-file and scrobbles the songs. I need some beta-testers who are willing to try the program and give me some feedback before I "release" it properly. Anyone interested? If so send me an e-mail on:
    vdjscrobbler at gmail dot com

• Wonderful! Ready to beta test!
    I write @ your email...

• radiofc said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2009, 17:03
    mail sent - hope this isn't a scam to get our passwords!

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it
    George Bernard Shaw : soundcloud : twitter
  • Any update on the VDJ scrobbler? Would love to get a hold of this, even if it's still in beta.

• JubeiUK said...
    • User
    • 13 Oct 2009, 20:37
    i emailed but no response :(

• I would be awesome if the scrobbler identifies the tracks played with VDJ.
    iTunes sucks, i like to mix my own music thank you very much. :)

Like superbadgirl said... even if it's still in beta release it to us!

• i recently have been using virtual dj also and i really want to display the songs on my lastfm , any update on this plugin feature? i will keep this bookmarked ;)

• etix111 said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2010, 15:11

send mail...

i have send a mail :)
    now wait for a respons ;) i am a developer to, so if this won't work, i can try it....
    but i promise nothing!!! ;)
    EDIT: I have allready a respons ;)

• What is the verdict? Any good? What's going on...

Working to become a more pleasant Citizen 2.0 : )
    • mt17 said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2010, 16:14
    Hey guys!

I'm sorry to report that I haven't had the time to continue the development much but at last I have put up a google project where you can download the new version (0.1). Nothing much is new in this except that the client has been given a real client id.

The google project can be found here:

and the download page here:

If anyone would like to help in the development you can request to join the project there. I think it is also possible to add issues there if you have any of those.

• mt17 said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2010, 18:05
    And I see that I was logged in with the wrong user but anyway I'm vdjscrobbler :)

• Thanks for your effort so far, but it doesn't seem to be working. It says another instance of the scrobbler is already running and I have to delete a .lock file, but such a file is nowhere to be found

• mt17 said...
    • User
    • 11 Apr 2010, 17:06
    I'm guessing you have put the VirtualDJScrobbler folder in your "Program Files" directory and you have Win7 (or Vista). I've tried this and got that error, I've created a bug and I'm looking into a solution.

• mt17 said...
    • User
    • 11 Apr 2010, 18:07
    I've uploaded a new version were I have fixed the bug. At least if that was the problem you were having, please download it and try again.

• virtual dj 6 basic

i have bought this programme but cannot record to disk or onto my computer because it keeps displaying the message. cant find mp3 encoder, well i have tied downloading mp3 encoder but still get the message, any ideas please thank you

never trust a hippy
  • still get the same error gewoon_gijs got..

• Goblim said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2010, 17:43
    I get the same error. What the hell is the ".lock" file? I don't even have such a file.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.