Forum » Feedback and Ideas

lastFM needs more than just rock fans

• last.fm does need more people. I've tried to get more to sign up, and have succeeded a few times. The major problem I have been running into is that when i tell people about it, they simply ask me why they would want a site to track their music and have that information. I tell them that it is a great way to learn about other music you may like, but that simply doesn't attract many people.

What last.fm needs is some real benefit for signing up. Quite honestly, I have no idea what type of benefit could be added, but people (particularly non-technical ones) simply don't want to deal with installing an application and signing up unless they see a real purpose for doing so.

• Re:

Quoth fnnkybutt:
    I'm still waiting for my weird guy stalker :S

I hear ya, fnnkybutt! Still waiting for mine, too. :D

It's not me, it's you.
  • Can i be your first?

Ha, no, not really...

Here are the awesome record company groups that i lead here on Last.fm... Black Market Activities, Eulogy, Ferret, Ironclad, Lambgoat, Mediaskare, Metal Blade, Prosthetic, Roadrunner, Sumerian, Thorp, Trustkill, Willowtip
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.