Forum » Feedback and Ideas

I made a stylesheet for improving the artists pages' appearance (Opera, Chrome &…

• alin1 said...
    • User
    • 25 Aug 2012, 13:05

I made a stylesheet for improving the artists pages' appearance (Opera, Chrome & Firefox)

Well, enough talk and more action. I made a CSS file for modifying some last.fm pages (esp. artist pages). It works in Opera, Chrome and Firefox. For the last 2 browsers you need the extension Stylish. It looks the best in Opera.

It took me some hours to edit it (a lot of trial and errors).

Changes:
    - (everywhere) no Buy buttons
    - (almost everywhere) white Shoutbox area
    - (artist page) removed Featured Tracks, Listening Trends, Events
    - (artist page) removed the text Your Tags & Everyone's Tags above tags
    - (artist page) Moved Friends Who Listen To near Pictures

Problems:
    - (all) the total scrobbles number is missing because it was displayed on Listening Trends. I hope last.fm will move total scrobbles on top where it's the best place.
    - (Firefox/Chrome) for some reason Friends Who Listen To module is not displayed
    - (Opera) if you use a 16:9 display there will be a problem with the alignment of Friends Who Listen To module. To fix that, modify the left attribute from #friends-who-listen-to (use a higher number)

Download and instructions:
    See here: http://userstyles.org/styles/71907/improved-artists-pages-on-last-fm

Last.fm is very hard to customize because they used multiple CSS files and a lot of elements simply refuse to change their appearance. This layout could be still improved. Of course you can edit the CSS file to suits your needs.

The artist pages will look something like this:

Edited by alin1 on 29 Aug 2012, 21:19
  • It looks good, but "friends who listen" appears to overlap the biography:

...please upload the css on userstyles.org

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
    • alin1 said...
    • User
    • 28 Aug 2012, 21:38
    Maddieman said:
    It looks good, but "friends who listen" appears to overlap the biography:

I have a display with 4:3 aspect ratio. Someone with a 16:9 display should edit the CSS file.

Search for this part in the stylesheet:

#friends-who-listen-to {
    position:absolute;
    top:470px;
    left:660px;
    }

Modify the left attribute (add a higher number; do some trials).

This code basically move the whole Friends Who Listen To on top-right.

@chatteter: done. I also edited the first post.

Edited by alin1 on 29 Aug 2012, 00:24
    • alin1 said...
    • User
    • 28 Aug 2012, 23:05
    I realized that this stylesheet works also in Firefox & Chrome. You need to install Stylish extension. Unfortunately the Friends Who Listen To is not displayed.

• @alin1
    ... thnx, works better with Include CSS

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
  • It's an improvement.... How long did it take you to write that?

What i like most is that the Listening trend graph has been removed, which i find a pointless feature. But i do agree that the total scrobble count should be up the top near the artist name somewhere.

• alin1 said...
    • User
    • 29 Aug 2012, 13:55
    ambientsorrow said:
    It's an improvement.... How long did it take you to write that?

What i like most is that the Listening trend graph has been removed, which i find a pointless feature. But i do agree that the total scrobble count should be up the top near the artist name somewhere.

6-7 hours in total. Because nothing worked as intended. Later I remembered about !important attribute which overrides some stubborn settings.

The Listening trend while it's not visible it's still slowing down the page load in background. The same for every other element hidden.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.