Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Longer usernames?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2012, 01:21

Longer usernames?

Any chance we might get to register usernames longer than 15 characters?
    x

• Re: Longer usernames?

whatever_m said:
    Any chance we might get to register usernames longer than 15 characters?
    x
    Why o why?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2012, 14:06
    Well the username I'd like to register is 18 characters long, and pretty much every username is taken already, so increasing this limit would create more options, no?

• whatever_m said:
    Well the username I'd like to register is 18 characters long, and pretty much every username is taken already, so increasing this limit would create more options, no?
    You've made me curious.

What are the usernames that you prefer and that are already taken?...Like name at least two. You don't need an ass long username to be original. And what if after five years you would need to search for last.fm group that's named like "my super ass long username is not good enough for me, no more"? *laughs*

Just being curious :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2012, 18:18
    Never mind, I see this isn't going anywhere. A mod may lock this thread.

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 Aug 2012, 03:52
    A 20 character limit would be reasonable enough. I've seen users on other sites with usernames longer than 15 that aren't entirely ridiculous.

Though by my calculations, 15 characters allows for about 500 sextillion possible usernames, so it's quite hilarious if you think just about every username is taken.

• Possibility to get longer usernames is a good idea.
    Nickname I use almost everywhere has 16 symbols and I couldn't register it here((
    That would be great option for new users, they would have more possibilities to create original nickname.

A 20 character limit would be reasonable enough. Yep.

Yahoo account name can have (if I am not mistaken) 32 symbols! That's too much I think. Wonder if someone create such long nickname, it's a whole sentence))

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.