Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Update on the August 2 Site Update and July beta feedback

• Bloopy said:
    Another thing to mention is that tags can take up a ridiculously huge amount of space:

I'm going to raise this with David when he gets back, as I fully agree with you on this.

• valerus said...
    • User
    • 24 Aug 2012, 05:22
    May I ask why a band's total plays are stuck near the bottom?

---
    Will
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2012, 10:16
    As stated before many times, things like artist pictures are looking really fugly with the new design. The new layout looks incredibly poor with many kind of pictures: long portraits gets cropped from the "wrong" joints, small pictures are upscaled and become blurrified mess, 1:1 pictures are losing a good portion of the bottom. Right now, decent pictures on artist entries rarely look as good on user libraries and vice versa.

Get rid of the upscaled resizing and maybe of the cropping of the pictures entirely, it rarely works as it should. Cropping was part of the old system, but at least its issues could be easily evaded - not so easily now. Perhaps implement a script that uses a different layout for the picture area according to the main picture's aspect ratio (portrait, landscape, square)?

Some examples of artist pictures that look rather miserable due to resizing/ cropping (sorry, won't bother to upload images to hosting services right now):

Test Dept.
    Access to Arasaka
    Steve Roach
    Loscil
    Zavoloka
    Stuart Chatwood
    Stakka & Skynet
    Oöphoi
    Godflesh

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Aug 2012, 05:06
    I agree with total scrobbles and listeners on top of the page as it was. Also, this two things...

looks really bad...

that on tour thing shouldn't be above the picture :/

• Track

[Pending moderation]

how will this work?

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
  • Album

album pages need the "Suggest a correction" option, like on artist and track pages.

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
    Edited by chatterer on 1 Sep 2012, 09:47
  • Artist / Album / Track

I wish to see the first listeners on artist, track and album pages. with referencing to the first hundred listeners.

• headey said...
    • User
    • 1 Sep 2012, 19:41

some elements taking ages to load(or never loading)

It is a bit of a nuisance that some elements are taking ages to load(or never loading) ...means that the tag (&love?) buttons don't work. (I'm guessing that's the reason?)
    So it ends up being quicker to go > more tags > tag
    (ok, or adding '/+tags')

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    Edited by headey on 3 Sep 2012, 09:26
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2012, 21:35
    are you guys gonna fix the library? (the space on the right) :/

• @MH5XJ

Changes are:
    Artist, Album, Track pages and Navigation menus

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Sep 2012, 21:46
    WHAT? so they're not planning to fix the library and leave it the way it is now (screwed up) ? lol

I think the rest will come soon

• GaryExo said...
    • User
    • 23 Sep 2012, 07:35
    How on Earth is one supposed to add a track from the track page to a playlist now? I can find no way to do it. Stupid!

• go to another listener, in his/her library and then you have in the drop down menu "Add to playlist". simple stupid but it works ;)

• GaryExo said...
    • User
    • 23 Sep 2012, 22:57
    @chatterer: Thanks. That is ridiculous though. I doubt I could be bothered to do that!

• Is that the biggest re-design failure in history? I know it's already been said thousands of time that the new design seems just ugly. The thing is will any changes or rollback be brought?
    Last fm has got accustomed to ignoring user complaints. I've been using the site for 5 years, but actually almost stopped doing this after that awful re-design. Now I'm just scrobbling because artists page and everything look just ridiculously eye-damaging so I prefer not to visit them, I guess as well as many other users.

• home6alien said:
    Is that the biggest re-design failure in history? I know it's already been said thousands of time that the new design seems just ugly. The thing is will any changes or rollback be brought?
    Last fm has got accustomed to ignoring user complaints. I've been using the site for 5 years, but actually almost stopped doing this after that awful re-design. Now I'm just scrobbling because artists page and everything look just ridiculously eye-damaging so I prefer not to visit them, I guess as well as many other users.

If Last.fm has gotten immune to complaints, it's because of attitudes like these. Maybe you should stop sending them complaints and send them feedback instead. Try being a bit more polite about it. People tend not to listen if others are being rude.

• pavskies said...
    • Subscriber
    • 8 Oct 2012, 18:25
    Get rid of that "Share" thing on one's user page, it's annoying and unnecessary.

Someday the dream will end
  • Ost-Rock

Ich vermisse Ost-Rock,sonst klasse!

• nRelate Advertising?

Hi, I just logged-in today and I'm seeing these ad links from nRelate at the bottom of my windows. Is this possibly optional or something? Because I am not interested in what it has to say. Thank you.

• Re:Update on the August 2 Site Update and July beta feedback

Couldtryharder said:
    By far the most frequent comment is that the images, text or whole page is "too big". The most frequent positive comments were also about things being bigger, so it would seem that opinion is divided. Our research (both the beta tests and our face-to-face user testing) tells us that it works better this way, and we feel that it's an improvement, so we're sticking with this design for now - but as we continue to work on the details, we'll do our best to bear in mind that bigness is a problem for some of you.

There have been a lot of comments about about two related issues - excess whitespace, and having to scroll a long way to reach the features at the bottom of the page. In some places whitespace has been increased deliberately to allow the page to "breathe" and to provide clear separation between elements. But it's also true that under some conditions, unacceptably large areas of whitespace can appear. We're looking at solutions to this, and you should find that it improves in further releases.

Regarding scrolling, we recognise that the pages are now longer. For those of you that need it, we've put in a keyboard shortcut - just press S to jump to the Shoutbox (in other languages, it's the first letter of your language's word for Shoutbox).

The artist photos i don't think are that big, but when you do click on the photo page then the photos gets to be too small imo, especially the photos at the top of the screen.

My biggest complaint is the excessive whitespace and now for albums i have to click on them in order to view how many scrobbles for the albums rather then keeping that info there. My other complaint is the scrobble info is no longer at the top. I guess it's good for those who abuse the system & have to take an extra step to view the scrobbles so they're not scrobbling a million towards a single artist to boost artist, album or track plays. My other complaint is the video section on the page itself, not every artist has them and when an artist does have one it pushes the similar artists aside. I still haven't gotten used to that yet.

I like the shoutbox keyboard shortcut which does make it easy to get there quickly. The other issue is the album discography mess. Many misspelled albums that i still see are being scrobbled on, like Jester Race (which for some strange reason last.fm added it to my library & i can't delete it off) should be The Jester Race. This is a different issue, but going through an artist's discography with many misspellings is a bit overwhelming and to some might be a bit annoying & also gives out inaccurate charts.

• like Jester Race (which for some strange reason last.fm added it to my library & i can't delete it off)
    Scrobble a few tracks (at least 3) from this album. Then go here http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155/charts?subtype=albums Select "Last 7 days" tab. Find this album and delete from your library.

e.g.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    Edited by Ziomek2000 on 15 Nov 2012, 07:31
  • Ziomek2000 said:

Scrobble a few tracks (at least 3) from this album. Then go here http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155/charts?subtype=albums Select "Last 7 days" tab. Find this album and delete from you library.

e.g.

Thanks! That worked like a charm :)

• bla bla bla

I HATE UNNECESSARY (LAST.FM) UPDATES<<< OUR GROUP
    MY DARK AMBIENT INDUSTRIAL EXPERIMENTAL HIP-HOP STUFF ON YOUTUBE<<< OR LAST.FM<<<

I LISTEN TO MY LIBRARY IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
  • MH5XJ said:
    are you guys gonna fix the library? (the space on the right) :/

Use a custom css in your browser :)
    Appearance of my library — http://cl.ly/image/3r1r3m1w3C0g

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.