Forum » Feedback and Ideas

August 2nd site update - Catalogue Pages

• Alternative; Stopp using Scrobbler etc, for a week, Everyone!

If not One mouth.

• Why did you make a beta testing group and ask for opinions? You didn't listen to ANY of the feedback you were given. What is the point of this? The new design is awful.

• mota_boy_punky said:

Also, it seems we can't see on an artist page which of our friends listens to him. It was cool and it's gone too.

You can; you just have to scroll down past the MASSIVE pictures, charts, etc...

I am so much cooler online...

This Is My Joystick
    All Things Uncharted
  • ???

with the old lastfm style it was convenient to view information & photos, but this remake mixed them all together on musicians page, with photographs of artists displayed on the pages incorrectly in most cases..
    ...old is much better :D !!!

• Honestly, have any of the staff even skimmed through anything posted in this group: http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+July+2012+Beta

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:25

this is total disaster

i'm deleting my accout

I encourage others users to do the same

• squezey said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:25
    AcidAmmo said:
    I don't understand why this change went through. The old design was perfect. And I do mean PERFECT. Compact, simple, clean, everything anyone could want from a social networking website. I don't like any of the changes made, not to the user profiles, not to the artist pages, track pages and album pages. They all just look really really bad. So much white space, so much scrolling. I literally have to scroll down 5 pagelengths to get to the shoutbox. Repetitive information. I'm not sure if someone else said this, but it's all way too big. It is all obviously made for tablet users.

I can understand that you guys think that tablets are the future and that you should design for them, but honestly, that doesn't mean you have to screw with the desktop users. Just add an option to change between the two styles, so tablet users can see this blocky, huge and ugly tablet version and give the old, perfect, creamy, delicious design back to the desktop users.

I always tell my friends how last.fm is my favourite social networking website. I don't think I'm gonna be using it nearly as much if the design is on this level of user-unfriendliness, nor I believe I will convince any of my friends to make an account, since almost none of them own tablets. Please don't ignore us.

You're absolutely right in every way, not only does it look bad but it's also less functional. Like this may be a small complaint but the fact that on a artist page on the album picture you can't even see a little play icon indicating there is samples available, also the label is not shown next to the album. Considering the internet is not perfect there will be many artists with multiple entries for the same album and only one or a couple of them are correct. Now this can be very confusing for people who don't know much about the artist.

But as for the tablet part, yeah they're just hopping on the bandwagon with Microsoft. I really feel ashamed now to tell people this is one of my favorite places on the internet. I thought last.fm was one of the only genuinely good places left on the net that didn't abuse its power and cared about its users. Guess not anymore. I wonder if they realize how much support they just lost with this downgrade.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:27
    Everything's uselessy big and annoyingly 'blocky'.
    Thus easiness of navigation is seriously compromised.

• The size of everything is ridiculous. It was way smoother to navigate the artist pages before.
    The top part of the artist page looks okay, in my opinion. It's as soon as you get past the similar artists that it just gets out of control. Although I guess this feedback isn't going to make any difference anyway.

In general, I don't mind a change, as long as it isn't a shitty one. But this is exactly that.

• You guys I highly (basically 0.0000001% in my mind) doubt they are going to bring the old design back. They did the same thing last time, let folks get mad, and kept moving. This is basically a rant thread now. They don't even care what we think or want, yet they still ask us. Stop getting our hopes up on thinking you are listening lastfm when it's obvious you rarely (very optimistic word) do.

ComaWish said:
    Honestly, have any of the staff even skimmed through anything posted in this group: http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+July+2012+Beta

I can tell they used a little of the input but most of it got unnoticed. It irks me to no end.

• I have learned to hate this ugly "bigger and cleaner" trend, that's turning once modern websites into mid-90ies html-1.0 junk. Yeah right, back then there was NO design. Websites NEVER improve by plastering all the content onto an area three times as big as before. Scrolling isn't fun, especially when it can be avoided.

last.fm is going to look as ugly as any other "modern" and totally generic corporate website. Any code hack could do this in a 5 minute session - and exactly THAT fact should urge every webdesigner to avoid this trashy hipster look. Unfortunately, last.fm doesn't seem to have ANY capable and competent designer in their team left.

Can't wait for further "improvements", I bet a million bucks it'll look even shittier than before. Bad move, last.fm, very bad move.

• A use case for the artist pages I have is to see at a glance (1) how many scrobbles the artist has (2) how many scrobbles I have for the artist (3) how many scrobbles my friends have for the artist. While I can see my count, the overall artist count and my friend's artist count now involves scrolling.

Why split scrobble counts to two separate areas of the page? I'd love the total count and count from friends be moved back up so that everything is together. Then I wouldn't have to scroll.

(first world problems)

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+July+2012+Beta/forum/1264503/_/2067308

i am one of the:
    35,48% disliked Artist pages
    29.52% disliked Track pages
    20,75% disliked Album pages

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
  • chatterer said:

i am one of the:
    20,75% liked Album pages

I just read that too. Honestly... I have nothing to even say to that. Just wow.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:39
    squezey said:

But as for the tablet part, yeah they're just hopping on the bandwagon with Microsoft.

And that is exactly why I'm hoping that Windows 8 will be a massive failure. It's already shaping up to be the next Windows Vista, after all.

Edited by a deleted user on 2 Aug 2012, 16:40
  • You can; you just have to scroll down past the MASSIVE pictures, charts, etc...

Thanks LadyPatience ! I finally found it ! I reached it !

• krysic said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:40

:(

It looked a LOT better before. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

• chatterer said:

i am one of the:
    20,75% liked Album pages

Man...

I don't believe those numbers. Seems more like an astounding number of people didn't feel like reading what they were asked about in the first place and went on ahead to click "JA JA I LIKE EVERYTHING".

• Imothep said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:42
    "and a significant majority liked the new designs"

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies ♫ ♪

• spacejunkflower said:
    abysmal artist, track and album pages

• ComaWish said:
    chatterer said:

i am one of the:

Man...

I don't believe those numbers. Seems more like an astounding number of people didn't feel like reading what they were asked about in the first place and went on ahead to click "JA JA I LIKE EVERYTHING".

Facebook-"Like"-Button-Clicker ... ;)

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
  • chatterer said:

i am one of the:

Same. Awful design for artist pages. No, really...

• The numbers: Huh?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought those numbers were falsified/enhanced. Honestly, where are those people now? All I've been reading here is users saying how much this design sucks not "OMG I LOVE IT." I bet those who clicked love were either new to lastfm, didn't look it over, did it on first sight, and/or didn't even bother giving feedback and just took it.

• gymru said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:50
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself! We are on the 8th page, how many pages should we write to remove that hell from artist-pages...?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 16:50
    ComaWish said:
    chatterer said:

i am one of the:
    20,75% liked Album pages

Man...

What? Did those idiots just take one look at the new design without actually trying to using it and just think "Ooh! Shiny!"

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.