Forum » Feedback and Ideas

August 2nd site update - Catalogue Pages

• Stugard said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 21:57
    I do love the cleanness and smoothness of pictures now, high quality pics really look nice with the larger band and album art photos.

But I do say, the whole "artist page" thing just looks like a cluttered and jumbled mess, especially with everything being so large now. I almost feel like I'm reading a large print website.

Adding to the awkwardness of everything being so large now, artist biographies seem INCREDIBLY small compared to everything else. You get maybe a few lines before you have to click 'Read More'. These are *artist* pages after all, can we please biographies expanded at least a little bit?

Besides all that, I really abhor (seriously, ABHOR) the giant Events tab and Listening Trend tab jutting into the main space and having to scroll through that junk to get to the shoutbox to view a measly EIGHT shouts (and yes, I'm fully aware you can hit 'S' to jump to the shoutbox directly, doesn't change the fact that those tabs are an absolute EYESORE). If those were moved out of the way, maybe into a sidebar or something, it'd look much, MUCH nicer.

Overall, nice step in the right direction. But it definitely still needs improvements.

• Bloody-Lunar said:
    Seeing as how this change is pretty much entirely a design change and not a performance change, I'd say it does make a difference to me, since it has made the page look better.

Well, almost all the rest of the text and stuff has white background, so why bother with shoutbox? I suppose a completely grey background would be an even better option for you.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 21:59

[spam]

[spam]

Edited by Babs_05 on 11 Aug 2012, 15:43
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 21:59

[spam]

[spam]

• Okay guys, really? Accusing Couldtryharder of being a liar and giving him a hard time? Give him a break, he probably isn't behind anything to do with the layout. Express your disagreement with the layout like I am, but do so respectfully, some of these comments are outright malicious.

• Bloody-Lunar said:
    Fox_Genetrix said:
    chairmanmeow9 said:
    Moonie, will you prove to me that you can play guitar?

I want to see too.

She is using a straw man argument to distract from the original argument, I want to do that too.

I never used a straw man. Ironically, your comment right here is a straw man.

Scroll back. The original argument started with you stating that people are retarded for not liking the new design. Then it switched to me and lol like Last will ever take any of my design ideas. So tell me, why are people retarded if they don't like everything big in their face?

• The changes to the profile page will take a little getting used to, but I don't hate anything. Bigger is always better for album artwork, so the changes to the artist pages are a nice improvement. LastFM > FB

Edited by Treysweet on 2 Aug 2012, 22:05
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 22:05

[spam]

[spam]

• DragonBottles said:
    Okay guys, really? Accusing Couldtryharder of being a liar and giving him a hard time? Give him a break, he probably isn't behind anything to do with the layout. Express your disagreement with the layout like I am, but do so respectfully, some of these comments are outright malicious.

Well moonie clearly offended me by saying that it looks fine her iPad so anyone complaining is "retarded".

Not really nice.

• Bloody-Lunar said:
    Fox_Genetrix said:
    Bloody-Lunar said:
    Fox_Genetrix said:
    chairmanmeow9 said:
    Moonie, will you prove to me that you can play guitar?

I want to see too.

She is using a straw man argument to distract from the original argument, I want to do that too.

I never used a straw man. Ironically, your comment right here is a straw man.

Scroll back. The original argument started with you stating that people are retarded for not liking the new design. Then it switched to me and lol like Last will ever take any of my design ideas. So tell me, why are people retarded if they don't like everything big in their face?

That's not a straw man. Do you even know what a straw man is? I guess you might actually be in web design, since I'm pretty sure someone taking a real major would know what a straw man is.

People are retarded if they don't like it, because the new design has a superior look and better functionality.

Retarded isn't right word to use and you know it - you are insulting people who don't agree with you. You were not respectful to me by using that then I will not be respectful to you.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 22:10

[spam]

[spam]

• I'm leaving, it's clear you are a rude person. I'm sorry I don't like the new design, but it is not right to call me and others retarded for not liking it. I'm very happy you like it on your iPad. Because you know that is what truly matters.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 22:12

[spam]

[spam]

• Awful

To big pictures, to large fontsize and so much to SCROLL. WTF?!
    All informations are so much scattered now :(

Why do you allways change things to even more worse than before?

You’ll also find that less commonly-used items are now in a drop-down menu, under "more...". This gives you quick access to the things you use most often, and keeps the page tidy where there is a long list of related pages to choose from.Ok and why do you still throwaway so much space due to the big an less commonly-used red header thing? And why you haven't increased the content areas width up to 100% and still only use round about 70% of the sites width?

• Changes are o.k.
    One thing: the number of plays should be right-aligned.

[Pending moderation]
  • Those two idiots need to shut up.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 22:28
    I like how there's a lot more content and information on pages now, but I wish everything wasn't so...big. I liked the smaller pages before better; everything, particularly user profiles, look so stretched out.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 22:30
    update sucks

• I wouldn't mind it if everything wasn't so OBNOXIOUSLY BIG!

• i hate the new design, why did you had to change it?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 22:35

[spam]

[spam]

• worst update in internet history

• GFX101 said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 22:52
    Update is awful.

• Please change it back. Not seeing the amount of plays on top of an artist or track page tilts the hell out of me. And the images are too big. :(

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.