Forum » Feedback and Ideas

August 2nd site update - Catalogue Pages

• gregovich said:
    DANCECORPS said:

Me too. Either that or shrink the size of everything to half.

Same. This change is like going from LEGO to DUPLO (or even Megablocks for 1 year olds). This is definitely not an improvement!

Same.. Dont mind the new layout that much, just the size of everything..

• User's profile look more ugly than ever. Just took the left side bar to the top without any design. What's the point of changing user's profile?

• Seriously?

• stembus said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:50
    One word - AWFUL !!!
    Way too big!
    Lame design!
    Another step back with the design, the "old last.fm" from like 2008 was 10x better and modern looking thing!

• dankine said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:50
    it is indeed all too big. the text links that have replaced the buttons on the left look pretty plain also.

• honza_c said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:53

New Features

I really don't like the new design, everything is so big - it could be good for touch screens, but ergonomy for most people, who use PC/NTB without touch screen is now much worse. (one of the most common screen resolutions is 1366x768px and it just doesn't look good).

I have one question for staff:
    * YouTube videos on Last.fm now scrobble

Where can I enable this feature? I didn't find any other information about this feature and there's nothing in my profile settings. And scrobbling from YouTube automatically doesn't work for me. I was using third-party extension for Google Chrome and it works fine. But not everybody use Chrome and I just want to find out where's the problem, because Ḯ'm a journalist and I wanna write an article about changes on Last.fm. Thanks :)

• BIG, ugly, non-functional.

Edited by KypaToP_HM on 2 Aug 2012, 13:02
  • What i like:
    - The increase in size of the main artist images. It gives the artist page a great initial focal point.

Things i don't like:
    - The blocky-ness/size of buttons like the tags, buy/share
    - The size of the albums under 'top albums'
    - The size of the text in general.
    - The spacing. In particular in and around Events, Top Listeners and Groups.
    - Difficult to distinguish the difference between Listening now, Top Listeners and Groups columns. The Top Listeners was better in 2 rows of 2. Decrease the size and increase it to 2 rows of 3 or 4 perhaps.
    - The spacing in general.

All these changes have added unnecessary scrolling. I mean there is so much unused white space due to all the spacing they;ve added.
    - Underneath the bio + above the related artists.
    - If a band only has one album, the white space next to their only album is HUGE.
    - Lots of white space under 'Friends who listen to...' if you don't have many friends who do.

There really is more and It may sound as though i'm being picky, but the oversize of everything and the unnecessary spacing has added a lot of scrolling that wasn't initially required.

I feel sorry for anyone who has subscribed and doesn't like it. But lets look at this way, Last,fm probably aren't fussed. They'll see it as a case of "Well, they'll get used to it". But perhaps it might turn away people from signing up. Perhaps the regular users might start to dwindle. The changes could end up snowballing for the worse.

Edited by ambientsorrow on 2 Aug 2012, 12:54
    • gymru said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:54
    Awful. Maybe they hope to increase the quantity of users, but they really lose the respect of old ones.

• Bring back the old layout. It's too big with no valuable info on the top!

• alin1 said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:54
    Elements too big and too much scrolling. The shoutbox area should be also white, not gray (it's hard to read). Also there should be a button SHOUTBOX on top of the page that skips directly to it.

• aNewDay_ said:
    User's profile look more ugly than ever. Just took the left side bar to the top without any design. What's the point of changing user's profile?

feeling this. there was literally no point to it. now there's nothing but empty space on the left side. why bother?
    I mean, it's a minor change and I don't care that much... but I felt like it was changed for the sake of changing things, which should be avoided. all of the things except neighbors can be accessed through their visual layout on the page anyway, so why bother moving it to the top of the page at all? it's just redundant

• Ezkarpy said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:55
    Artist pages look way too big and shit is packed below each other in a totally retarded way. Why such a big font too? I'm pretty sure the majority of the user base isn't blind.
    Is such a huge listening trends chart really necessary to show on the artist page either? It all just adds the need of scrolling down, reduces functionality and looks awfully stupid.

Just change back to the old one. At least that one was functional (and didn't look like babby's first website design)

• Beavis_1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:55
    I totally agrees to all others mention that everything on the artist pages is way too big. It is ridiculous, please change everything back to the old size!!!!

Change it back.....PLEASE!!!

• As far as I can tell, almost none of the user feedback made a difference in the end; even though most users complained about similar things (e.g. all the "social" content being pushed to the bottom of the pages), you left them as they were. Please, tell us this isn't the final version of last.fm we're going to be stuck with for years until the next major redesign. Please, show us you actually listen to your users and try to respect their needs and wishes.

not quite there...

• Babs_05 said...
    • 2 Aug 2012, 12:56

Re: New Features

honza_c said:
    Where can I enable this feature?
    You just click play if you see a YouTube video already on a track page, e.g. http://www.last.fm/music/Animal+Collective/_/Today%27s+Supernatural

• Same. This change is like going from LEGO to DUPLO (or even Megablocks for 1 year olds). This is definitely not an improvement! [2]

• Please, tell us this isn't the final version of last.fm we're going to be stuck with for years until the next major redesign.

They'll only make it worse again with that one too.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 13:01
    SO MESSY AND BIG. But most of all it looks so messy. Just terrible. Please bring the old desing back.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 13:02
    New redesign looks... Amateurish?

• honza_c said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 13:03

Re: Re: New Features

Babs_05 said:
    honza_c said:
    Where can I enable this feature?
    You just click play if you see a YouTube video already on a track page, e.g. http://www.last.fm/music/Animal+Collective/_/Today%27s+Supernatural

Okay, thanks for answer, I was thinking that it works for every video on YouTube outside Last.fm, like this extension for Chrome can do

• Total plays and total listeners should be at the top of the page, above artist images in my opinion!

Shrink everything!

or...go back to the old design!

[Pending moderation]
    • Flam3o said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 13:04
    Atrociously bad.

Clearly bandwagoning onto Microsoft's failed Metro design with the blocky images and enormous text for the dangerously blind.

You got so much CONSTRUCTIVE feedback in the beta group, and the most you changed was adding the play count of Friends onto the page. There's still a redundant amount of info such as two tagging buttons and being told our playcount several times.

Do not even bother to pretend you care if you're only going to make two design changes in what is undoubtedly the worlds fastest beta I've ever seen.

Edited by Flam3o on 2 Aug 2012, 13:07
  • ps. This is the most massive amount of negative feedback I've ever read for a "site upgrade" in history. Haha.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2012, 13:05

Edited by a deleted user on 2 Aug 2012, 13:06
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.