Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Ad selection/variation

• Arazien said...
    • User
    • 22 Apr 2012, 15:11

Ad selection/variation

For nearly the past month, the only commercial that I am given while listening to last.fm are those disfigured anti-smoking ads. While I have nothing against anti-smoking campaigns, these ads are atrocious.

Here I am, listening to music and enjoying myself and there's the Roosevelt Anti-Smoking ad, ruining my fun. Every time he or any of the others show up, I might as well have shot myself in the foot. Both seem quite effective in ruining one's day.

It has gotten to the point where I am about to leave last.fm for Pandora until these ads cycle out. I suppose what this all boils down to, is there some way to ad variation? Can I fill out some survey so that last.fm knows what ads will be best to target me?

Speaking of, the Astroglide commercials from a while back weren't the best choice either. I don't know if they have cycled out completely, but I would give anything NOT to have an Astroglide commercial come on again while I'm at work.

• lol

• I can't add anything useful to this discussion other than agreeing, but this

I might as well have shot myself in the foot
    just made my day. ;)

-= Fight, Win, Prevail =-
    • vexr999 said...
    • User
    • 30 Apr 2012, 19:42
    rofl, so true.
    I was so sure just googling last.fm smoker adds was sure to find a post like this one. Personally I have gotten into the habit of muting my sound every time one comes on. Listening to them over and over just gave me malicious thoughts such as "why couldn't this Roosevelt character have just died of cancer".

• I agree

I'm a non-smoker and I've heard these ads so often I want to cry....these people are starting to feel like family members I am obligated to help.

One reason I don't smoke is for my physical health, so do us a favor and take care of our mental health and stop these ads. Or add some variation!

• We've severely limited this ad, so you should only see it once every six hours now. Please accept our apologies for the repetition thus far.

• The anti smoking adds have to go

I don't smoke! I'm not going to start. I really don't want to start my music experience looking at some horror show.

• worst. ads. ever.

I wrote to the marketing dept at Last.fm to complain about them... they absolutely ruin the experience of coming to this site to listen to music. I don't smoke! I don't want to see them, they're not even remotely relevant to me.

Funny that I knew I'd find some thread somewhere if I googled 'Last.fm smoking ads'

The ads are actually keeping me from referring friends to this site. They're miserable.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." - Miles Davis
  • Knapster01 said:
    We've severely limited this ad, so you should only see it once every six hours now. Please accept our apologies for the repetition thus far.

I've seen them twice now in less than an hour.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." - Miles Davis
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.