Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Multiple album remasters

• Multiple album remasters

What's the procedure for adding multiple versions of one album, so Last.fm can recognize it and display proper cover?

• The same as it always has been.

For example, none of the Pink Floyd covers have changed. Maybe for the bonus discs (Wish and Dark Side) or discs 5 & 6 (in the case of The Wall) but not the main old as dirt discs. Even The Wall discs 3 & 4 have old covers (Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81).

The latest Doors reissue of LA Woman keeps the same old cover, the bonus disc the slightly changed one.

Etc.

I'm sure somebody will manage to dig up exceptions, but this covers most of the cases.

-G.

• I wasn't refering to the alternate covers, but at recognition system that doesn't properly connect. Example
    "Wish you were here [MFSL Vinyl]", it doesn't recognize it as "Wish you were here", etc... Is there any chance to contribute to Last.fm, and manage this, I would be willin to do so.

• Ah, yeah. Well that's because the system doesn't know it is the same thins and people (labels included) do not follow proper tagging rules.

If "Wish you were here [MFSL Vinyl]" was tagged right (since PF has never released an album called that) and went under "Wish you were here" the right cover does show.

-G.

• Ofc, but my question is pointed towards creating better filters, and I'm willing to help, I don't know if you're staffer or know someone who can point me to the right person.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by foreverautumn on 24 Apr 2012, 09:15
  • I've made similar inquiries before. I think they can't or won't do much until sometime in the future and better Music Brainz integration (although i'm not sure that would change anything).

I'm not a staffer though, sorry.

I'd be willing to help as well. I guess, if the option was available, all the userbase could help out.

-G.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.