Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Neighbors not representative

• Neighbors not representative

96% (48 of 50) of my neighbors are inactive users (last seen 6 months ago and more. or they registered one month and scrobbled only for two days).
    Furthermore most of them have only a low scrobble-count of ~500. Not comparable with my scrobble-count (>100,000)

I really wish, that the algorithm will be improved. Because the current results are very unsatisfying. Maybe they are pretty accurate with the compability but what is the benefit of a neighbor who isn't activ anymore? I want to talk to people with similiar taste of music. This is not possible with inactive users of course

So here are my suggestions for the neighbor algorithm:
    1. show only activ user (last seen within the last 30 days)
    2. comparison of user with simliar count of scobbled songs. this doesn't have to be too close. but I think to compare someone with 100 scrobbled titles with another user who listened already to 100,000 titles is not a good idea. it's a factor of 1000. maybe reduce the factor a little bit. maybe everything which is within the factor of 100 or less

Thanks! and best regards from germany

• I agree that the Neighbors function leaves much to be desired.
    I like your suggestions, also I think it somehow needs to offer more variety.
    For example I listen to a lot of styles of music,lets say I listen to rock, jazz and hiphop, now I go to see who my neighbors are and they all people who only listen to rock music.
    Shouldn't my neighbors have the same variety of styles as myself?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.