Forum » Feedback and Ideas

October 12th site update

• October 12th site update

Hello!

Earlier today we released an updated version of the Last.fm site. Most of the work in this release is internal, so there's not a lot to talk about, but here's some notes to keep you in the loop.

Some new email settings. We've given our settings page a lick of paint and introduced some more fine-grained options about which emails we send you. Some of these are emails we'd like to send in the future, so don't be surprised if you've not seen them yet. More news on that as we have it.

Bonus for iOS users: a new Last.fm app. It's got new iOS 5 features! You can see more details about events! There's better sharing! And bugfixes too! iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch owners in the US, UK, and Germany should nip over to the app store and grab it – it's free.

That's it for now, but we'll be back soon with more updates.

• Tecfan said...
    • Event Moderator
    • 12 Oct 2011, 17:24
    We'll tell you whenever an artist you like is playing live near you, or when they release something new.

Finally? :P thanks!

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
  • Thank you for the updates staff ;-)

• The E-Mail settings are very handy. I can finally turn off all e-mails except friend requests (which I would turn off too, if you could see easier who added you as a friend...). Thanks for the nice update.

• Tombo60 said...
    • User
    • 13 Oct 2011, 23:31
    Liking all the new e-mail options :D

good stuff Last.fm!

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me! ♫

• Wow, thanks for the update.. Where can I download iOS5 apps to view last.fm?

I have a Thesis online about Impotence Male. I also have a band called outercoreband.
    • akrde said...
    • User
    • 14 Oct 2011, 11:10

Re: October 12th site update

acreature said:
    Bonus for iOS users: a new Last.fm app. It's got new iOS 5 features! You can see more details about events! There's better sharing! And bugfixes too! iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch owners in the US, UK, and Germany should nip over to the app store and grab it – it's free.

• Would be cool, if the app could be available world-wide someday.
    • Would be cool, if the app could stream the whole streamable Last.fm music content someday.

• rwitte said...
    • User
    • 14 Oct 2011, 23:17
    Thanks for the site update: it didn't fix my album chart

• Good

Wow! that sounds good, so anytime an artist we live plays near us, we will be informed right..

• Re: Good

southernmale a dit :
    Wow! that sounds good, so anytime an artist we live plays near us, we will be informed right..

Not yet, but that's one of the features we'd like to introduce in the future. For now, you should use your event recommendations to keep track of artists you like. :)

• Alainn said...
    • User
    • 15 Oct 2011, 14:45
    My page with recommended free mp3s (http://www.last.fm/home/freemp3s) has grown from about 30 to 472. Did I miss this this in one of the updates?

OT: I wish we had some control over these tracks since it contains a new album by [unknown] with titles like Track 14.

• Re: October 12th site update

acreature said:
    Some new email settings. We've given our settings page a lick of paint and introduced some more fine-grained options about which emails we send you. Some of these are emails we'd like to send in the future, so don't be surprised if you've not seen them yet. More news on that as we have it.
    If possible I would also like to receive notifications about new shouts and postings in the groups I lead.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.