Forum » Development Discussion

Last.fm2iTunes playcount importer for Mac OS X

• doesnt work for me. i run the app, its loading for 30 secs or so, then it says its done. when i launch itunes, there arent any playcounts updated.

MBPro 13.3 late 2010
    iTunes 10
    Mac OSX 10.6.7

• comatory said:
    doesnt work for me. i run the app, its loading for 30 secs or so, then it says its done. when i launch itunes, there arent any playcounts updated.

MBPro 13.3 late 2010
    iTunes 10
    Mac OSX 10.6.7

have the same problem with:

MBPro 13.3
    iTunes 10
    Mac OSX 10.6.6

• is the developer still working on this?

still hoping for an option not to override itunes playcounts if the count is greater than the lastfm count being imported.

pretty please?!

• so any info on this?

• I wish this problem would be fixed, always nice to have this app on backup in case something happens.

• It's not worked at all for me either. Shame, could really do with rebuilding my iTunes music library after a severe hard drive crash! A lot of my folders are based around play count etc. If anyone knows how to get it working please let me know. Would be much appreciated. :o)

iTunes 10.2 / Mac OSX 10.6.6

• bumping this!

• Cheers, works perfectly for me

MBP Early 2011, OS X 10.6.7, iTunes 10.1.2. :)

• It started working for me! Don't really know what I did but after icarusforde's post I tried the app again. It might be that I updated to OS X 10.6.7 along with iTunes? I'd suggest updating the iTunes to the folks who had problems with the app.
    After filling in my account name a window which I haven't seen before popped out that says "Processing page ... of ..." and I can see the tracks are being updated in iTunes now during the process. Great!

• Awesome! I just did a fresh install on my macbook (late 2009) and I forgot to backup the library files that let you restore playcounts and ratings. I was getting really frustrated with tuneaid (checking gapless playback information after EVERY SINGLE song copied over). Now I can just copy the ipod's music folder and drag that bitch into iTunes.

I'll follow up with my results after the files are done copying (about 4800 songs).

• Worked perfect!

• Mac OS X 10.6.8, iTunes 10.4, just awesome. Thank you so much

• i am eternally grateful.

• Llionv said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2011, 12:54

Perfection

MBP 17inch 2011
    Lion
    iTunes with all my play counts :D

• before I go ahead and run this...

...could someone tell me whether this program simply sets the itunes play count value to the value held on last.fm - or does it add the last.fm value to whatever my itunes play count happens to be?

I don't want to do the latter, unless I lose my existing play data, but I may want to over-write the values where last.fm has recorded plays that my iTunes has forgotten about. If that makes sense.

• wcow said...
    • User
    • 2 Nov 2011, 21:47

Genius!

Currenty syncing. Works like charm. Thank you for helping out

• dligre said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2011, 19:35

Perfect!

Macbook white 13"
    Mac OSX Lion

• Thanks!!!!!!!!

• Worked great with most of my music but I am noticing that certain tracks that I have listened to mostly on my ipod dont sync completely, instead of 37 plays like it says on last.fm it has only the 2 that I have listened through itunes. Anything I can do about that?

• Just got a new laptop and dreaded having my playcounts reset again, this is absolutely godly. Thanks so much!

• Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by mr_maxis on 14 Nov 2013, 13:52
  • spam

Edited by Skiye on 9 Aug 2012, 16:35
  • Not seeing any counts update - Bump

HI. I am unable to get the play counts to update on Mac OSX. My OS version is: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G56). My iTunes version is:10.7 (21) 64-bit. Any help you could provide would be most appreciated. THANKS

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Dec 2012, 22:08

Automate

Is there any way this can be automated, say to run on a nightly basis to keep iTunes in sync with last.fm?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.