Forum » Development Discussion

BoxScrobbler - a simple Last.FM scrobbler for Rockbox

• BoxScrobbler - a simple Last.FM scrobbler for Rockbox

Hi.
    I developed Last.fm scrobbler for Rockbox. Rockbox is a free replacement firmware for digital music players.

Just connect your player to your PC and BoxScrobbler will automatically scrobble tracks using .scrobbler.log or .scrobbler-timeless.log.

You can edit the queue before scrobbling.

Homepage: http://clusterrr.com/boxscrobbler/

• tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 Jun 2012, 10:30
    I had used rockbox some years ago and QTScrobbler wasn't that brilliant. Cannot try the app, but it looks nice :)

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • placerej said...
    • Subscriber
    • 28 Apr 2013, 08:08

Having an issue with it

I can't get it to work. Boxscrobbler says it is scrobbling and everything seems to be fine with the app itself, reading the log as it should and all, but the scrobbles doesn't end up on last.fm after the scrobbling.

• placerej said...
    • Subscriber
    • 28 Apr 2013, 08:56

Update

Sorry, my bad. The issue was due to wrong date settings on my player.

• good alternative!

nice app! works nice since i've got some problems with scroblr.net lately.

Hate burns like fire
    in the depths of hell
    feels like I'm dyin'
    in this heart of hate
  • Really nice i think haha

• well, it just went through the list, said it had scrobbled but hadn't. And now the file is gone. Great.

I suspect it might be that the files were too old and not accepted by last.fm. But it sucks :(

• tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 11 Jan 2014, 20:58
    I think you must scrobble your songs within 14 days after you listened to them. That means, if you submit a song which you heard 15 days ago, it won't count as scrobbled.

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
  • error 16

Guys! Need some help! "Scrobble error: 16: There was an internal error. Please retry your request." - what does it mean?

• Ari-es said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2015, 20:45

same sht

Scrobble error 16. Very unstable work, guess this is connected to Lastfm changing their algorythms again. Too bad, Boxscrobbler was brilliant

• Error 16

Also getting error 16 now.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.