there are some tracks that are »un-ban-able«
    e.g.

http://www.lastfm.de/music/La+Tordue/_/Paris%2C+Oct.+61

why?

• headey said...
    • User
    • 3 Jul 2011, 11:32
    I don't know.
    I do know there have been tracks which took a couple of weeks before the ban was effective.
    How long have you been waiting?

edit
    I've just had a play of that track and banned it. We'll see if it comes up again :
    http://www.last.fm/user/headey/library/music/La+Tordue/_/Paris%2C+Oct.+61

(I rather like it so I plan to unban it in September)

edit 6thJuly11 No plays yesterday or today from a small tag radio, and tracks which I tagged subsequently have been playing. So I think the ban has worked for me(UK).

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    Edited by headey on 6 Jul 2011, 14:07
  • I have the same problem, I posted the issue in this forum a little while ago but no one has posted a response yet.

I reckon I have banned at least 50-60 tracks but looking in the desktop client there is only about 10, doesnt seem to matter how long ago I banned them either, they still play, so annoying!

• headey said...
    • User
    • 4 Jul 2011, 16:07

To check on banned tracks.

@marneybooth I think the client only lists the recent ones banned.
    To check on the full list you'd need to go to the bottom of your 'loved' page
    http://www.last.fm/user/marneybooth/library/loved
    and find the 'banned' link
    http://www.last.fm/user/marneybooth/library/banned

That might give an idea, too, of how long ago you banned something which just played.
    Unfortunately it isn't sortable.

edit
    I think I'm right in saying that if you listen to your 'recommended' radio rather than 'mix' radio you shouldn't get repeats -certainly nothing from your current library.

20 pages of artists might feel like a lot, but you might get fewer repeats when there are even more artists.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    Edited by headey on 4 Jul 2011, 16:32
  • @headey

Thanks for the URLs, this does show a few more actually but the timing thing still doesn't make sense for me, there seems to be a few songs that I banned months ago that still play.

• headey said...
    • User
    • 4 Jul 2011, 17:01
    Maybe next time it happens you could copy the url for the track & post it here.
    or here : http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/752867/_/15321775

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • 2409 said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2011, 13:23
    @headey
    thank you for replying.
    i've banned the track several times, because otherwise i woudn't notice the repeating.
    you said
    »20 pages of artists might feel like a lot, but you might get fewer repeats when there are even more artists.«
    i got 100 pages of artists, this is a lot, although i get a daily repeat of the certain track (and some other with the same problem).
    i doesn't play any role when i banned the track, because normally it worked, and i can see the result on the track's page right after banning (»you banned this track«).
    maybe it is the char %2 in the url?
    there should be a separate ban button on the track's page!

• headey said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2011, 15:00
    @2409 Well I'm sorry you've still got that problem & no suggestions from staff.
    Makes me wonder if the tracks are stored in different places for different countries??

I'm tempted to say UNban it then reban it but I don't know if that might be counter productive. Worst case might be that it will delay the ban by another couple of weeks!

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    • 2409 said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2011, 16:33
    @headey
    i am not able to try rebanning, because the track is not in my ban list after banning. the system does not accept my ban action.
    do you see the sentence »you have banned the rack from air play« on the track's page?

• headey said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2011, 21:38
    ! Ahhhhh -oh dear !
    Yes I get the "You’ve banned this track from radio play" caption.
    So under your "Save/Gear" menu you just have love/add/add options I suppose...?
    What about allowing the track to scrobble to see if anything changes??
    But I'm just stabbing at things...! You need a techie answer.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.