Forum » Web Site Support

Artist pages - top fans

• Artist pages - top fans

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the 'top fans' calculation for artists.

The 'top fans' chart for Clutch recalculated on Jan 19 (yesterday). I've got 828 listens and am not on the fans list - and there's at least 4 or 5 fans listed who have fewer listens than me but do appear on the 'top fans' page.

I thought it might be something to do with the proportion of Clutch songs/total songs but my concentration is still higher than some of the people with fewer listens than me.

I'm not too worried about it as I'm not someone who tries to bump their stats up artifically, but still curious as to why the pages don't quite seem to be working right.

• lozzd said...
    • Alumni
    • 20 Jan 2006, 02:52
    This is reported on a daily basis.

Read the Known Issues

Your sig is way too big. Those sigs are for "on your site" hence why you got them from an "on your site" section, not an "on your sig" section.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
  • Whoopsy... and cheers.

But surely bigger = better?! =P

• muz said...
    • Alumni
    • 20 Jan 2006, 03:08
    No not at all, think of those on dial-up or small screen displays. I suggest you change it ;)

• tralf said...
    • User
    • 20 Jan 2006, 03:30
    I don't see the top fans glitch in the "Known Issues" sticky.

But the issue was addressed in this thread:
    http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/74010

• lozzd said...
    • Alumni
    • 20 Jan 2006, 03:44

Re:

Quoth m0rph3us:
    Whoopsy... and cheers.

But surely bigger = better?! =P

Thats still a bit big.
    I'm afraid its against the rules.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
  • But I'm compensating for the size of my...... music collection.

• muz said...
    • Alumni
    • 20 Jan 2006, 06:14
    That's not the point, I'm sure almost no one here could care less as to how big your music collection is, chances are someone else will have one bigger, not that it matters.

Besides, as lozzd said, those images are for on your site and are not made for signature purposes.

Quoth RJ:
    The Rules section may need updating, but i think it's pretty obvious that one of those sexy chart images with 10 items in it is way too tall to go into your forum sig. If anyone cares what your top 10 artists are, they can just visit your page. No need to stuff your forum sig with a 10-item chart image.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.