Forum » Web Site Support

Album Title & Official Singles Auto-Correction

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2011, 14:19
    • aswh88 said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2011, 17:57
    This seems like the right thread for this...if it doesn't get a response I'll just make my own...

Can we PLEASE get these merged? I've been tagging mine as 'Jay-Z & Kanye West', which was fine at first, but then it started tagging as 'The Throne' (which I don't want)...now I have several hundred scrobbles with one tag, and several with another. It tags under the right artist for me, but no longer under the right album. I.e., I have zero 'The Throne' artist scrobbles, but tons of 'The Throne' album scrobbles.

Watch the Throne - Jay-Z & Kanye West
    Watch the Throne - The Throne

Merge please! Or turn off the autocorrect for that particular album (I have it off personally, but it doesn't make a difference), whatever it takes

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2011, 00:24
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2011, 09:39
    Selena's Dance should be attributed to Selena's Dance

• DSwobod said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2011, 11:54
    aswh88 wrote:
    This seems like the right thread for this...if it doesn't get a response I'll just make my own...
    Originally this would have been the right thread, where I actually mentioned Watch The Throne already. But both issues have not been resolved for years, so we might as well mix and see if we get more attention if we post in both threads like mugshot_tim just did. Staff always brings the excuse that they are working on something that will one day solve it all. But in my opinion, there should be threads for wrongly uploaded stuff, but none for auto-correction, because auto-correction and auto-attribution should be switched off. If people misspell their stuff, it's their own problem and if we want something to appear in a certain spelling for our own stats, we should be able to choose to do so. All these auto-corrections deprive us of our right to scrobble what we want to.

And while I'm on it... redirects get on my nerves, too.

And yes, I did switch auto-correction off in my preferences, but album corrections happen anyway. It only stops tracks and artists to be changed in the tracklist, but my library and my album charts are messed up anyway. I want to be able to switch ALL corrections off, if last.fm intends to keep auto-correction in general.

• aswh88 said...
    • User
    • 9 Sep 2011, 18:58
    DSwobod said:
    aswh88 wrote:
    Originally this would have been the right thread, where I actually mentioned Watch The Throne already. But both issues have not been resolved for years, so we might as well mix and see if we get more attention if we post in both threads like mugshot_tim just did. Staff always brings the excuse that they are working on something that will one day solve it all. But in my opinion, there should be threads for wrongly uploaded stuff, but none for auto-correction, because auto-correction and auto-attribution should be switched off. If people misspell their stuff, it's their own problem and if we want something to appear in a certain spelling for our own stats, we should be able to choose to do so. All these auto-corrections deprive us of our right to scrobble what we want to.

And yes, I did switch auto-correction off in my preferences, but album corrections happen anyway. It only stops tracks and artists to be changed in the tracklist, but my library and my album charts are messed up anyway. I want to be able to switch ALL corrections off, if last.fm intends to keep auto-correction in general.

Yep, it is annoying.

Upping this to see if it gets noticed this time.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Sep 2011, 14:04
    • aswh88 said...
    • User
    • 27 Sep 2011, 00:55
    aswh88 said:
    DSwobod said:
    aswh88 wrote:

Yep, it is annoying.

• Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros is incorrectly auto-corrected to Joe Strummer And The Mescaleros.

This is kind of ridiculous... we are talking about JOE STRUMMER!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Oct 2011, 20:23
    Cellar Sounds: Vol. 1 - 1992-2998

unfortunately there is no entry in musicbrainz so I could not log in
    and edit the info.. but by observation this is totally incorrect and
    there really should be some way of correcting this album title which
    should be Cellar Sounds Volume One: 1992-1998

Edited by a deleted user on 1 Oct 2011, 23:47
  • http://www.last.fm/music/James+Blake/James+Blake+CD needs to be corrected to http://www.last.fm/music/James+Blake/James+Blake

• lwiczek said...
    • User
    • 3 Oct 2011, 18:27
    Contracorriente - Undertow
    by Selma mutal
    & Contracorriente - Undertow
    by Javier Fuentes-Leon
    -> should be merged into Contracorriente - Undertow (The Original Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)
    by Selma Mutal, Javier Fuentes-Leon

I have none idea why some tracks are scrobbled correctly and some not. It seems like last.fm sometimes respect $artist and $album_artist and sometimes not... also - albums by multiple artist always get's mixed :/

• odopa said...
    • User
    • 8 Nov 2011, 16:52

Re:More albums:

• odopa said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2011, 21:47

Re: Re:More albums:

• LLRnR said...
    • User
    • 14 Nov 2011, 18:40
    Wrong album name Vizioli (Visions) for Aetherius Obscuritas. It should be Víziók (Visions).

• odopa said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2011, 18:29

Re: Re: Re:More albums:

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2011, 03:04
    The Year of Hibernation is being incorrectly auto-corrected as The Year Of Hibernation. It was fine for a while, but the Youth Lagooon one became the default recently for some reason.

Let's Get Out Of This Country has also been scrobbling incorrectly for a while now. It's been defaulting to Let's Get Out Of This Country

I suppose this is where I should ask this. Thank you.

• odopa said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2011, 14:39

Re: Re: Re: Re:More albums:

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Nov 2011, 11:04
    This thread is for suggestions to correct album titles not for individual tracks
    or wrong songs being scrobbled.

Back on topic:

The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological And Electro-Magnetic Manipulation Of Human Consciousness is wrong. The tracks should
    be displayed on this page for The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness

• odopa said...
    • User
    • 26 Nov 2011, 15:29
    mugshot_tim escribió:
    This thread is for suggestions to correct album titles not for individual tracks

They are not albums, but singles officially released. So they deserve also the correction.

Back to thread:

odopa escribió:
    Please put capital letters!

odopa escribió:
    Reggae Live Sessions
    Live To Love
    Best Of
    A Perfect Reception
    Bach's Birthday

Fire Woman

Thanks

What Do You Want From Me
    Always Gonna Love You
    Another Lonely Night In New York
    Secret Love
    Like A Fool
    Run To Me

• odopa said...
    • User
    • 29 Nov 2011, 14:20
  • http://www.last.fm/music/Slash/Featuring+Myles+Kennedy+Live

The title of the album is
    Made in Stoke 24/7/11

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2011, 20:34
    odopa said:
    mugshot_tim escribió:

They are not albums, but singles officially released. So they deserve also the correction.

Hmm now that is a quandary... OK I may have been too quick
    to be pendantic about the auto correction for albums. I will
    retitle this thread to include official single releases, I was just
    concerned that people where submitting tracks from albums
    which is not the reason for this thread.

• Babs_05 said...
    • 13 Dec 2011, 22:00

Re: Re:More albums:

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.