Forum » Web Site Support

song changes artist

• song changes artist

Today I noticed a track in my top 10 tracks that hasn't been there before.. Seems something somewhere changed the artist for one instance of this song..

The song in question is 'Foxy Lady', of which i had some scrobbles with "Jimi Hendrix" as the artist, and a little more scrobbles with "The Jimi Hendrix Experience" as the artist, and today these scrobbles have suddenly merged.. The song isn't in my library under the "The Jimi Hendrix Experience" artist anymore, and the scrobbles seems to have been added to the "Jimi Hendrix" artist..

Question: why is this happening, and can I do anything about it?

• There is currently a correction in place from the track page here, to here.

If you have recently enabled auto-correction, this would explain the merge.

• I have auto-correction on, but have had it on for some time.. (though i did change my profile yesterday, does that have anything to do with it?)

I have voted against that correction btw, 'cause it doesn't make sense (at least to me it doesn't) Will this eventually roll back to the situation before the merge?

• rwitte said...
    • User
    • 11 Dec 2010, 00:45
    This correction is being discussed here and here also,

• Is there any chance this is actually going to be changed back?

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 23 Dec 2010, 20:47

Re: song changes artist

algurgazan said:
    Question: why is this happening, and can I do anything about it?

It's happening because Last.fm's system isn't perfect. One thing you can do about it is ask more people to vote against the correction.

• Re: Re: song changes artist

Bloopy said:
    It's happening because Last.fm's system isn't perfect. One thing you can do about it is ask more people to vote against the correction.

Fair enough. I was hoping this could also be manually corrected by the last.fm staff, as this case is an obvious hypercorrection (at least, to me it is)..

But if that isn't possible/going to happen, I'll just wait patiently for the votes to come in...

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 24 Dec 2010, 02:40

Re: Re: Re: song changes artist

algurgazan said:
    I was hoping this could also be manually corrected by the last.fm staff
    They could but they prefer not to. If us fans can't solve the problem on our own within a few weeks or months, and we make enough noise about it, they might be convinced.

Or, they probably never read what I type, but it would be a nice Xmas present if this redirect was undone and The Jimi Hendrix Experience was gifted back into my overall top 50 artists chart. :P

• A month down the line, nothing happened, so I'm bumping this, hoping somebody somewhere will notice this, and change it all back to where it belongs, after which world peace will break out.. or something..

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 12 Jan 2011, 03:20
    It could be related the the weekly charts not updating lately. Normally the changes to auto-corrections would be applied weekly as well.

edit: all fixed now!

• Yeah, I noticed! Whoopie!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.