Forum » Web Site Support

Nurse Jackie VID keeps crashing in ie and mozilla

• Nurse Jackie VID keeps crashing in ie and mozilla

Everytime I try to listen to anything some horribly annoying page for NURSE JACKIE loads will play very annoying commercial then when it says loading radio the page locks. I have to close it with taskmgr to get anywhere.

Edited by MacgyverXC4479 on 17 Mar 2010, 15:27
  • Nurse Jackie commercial is also crashing my system.

Having the exact same problem today. That commercial has got to go.
    commercial plays, and then "nurse being bitchy" line is dished up, "wait while your radio loads appears and then IE (v8 and higher, all versions on 3 different PCs in my office) hangs.

• What is your location? Are you in the US?

• I'm in the US...and I am having the same problem. Makes me not want to watch that show...ever.

• The video is still crashing the player

This is getting to be annoying and now I must ask myself should I continue to use Last fm. I thought you guys fixed it cause the page disappeared and went to a norton page with no video and I was able to listen to music all day yesterday after it disappeared. Now today the video loads again and again the browsers lock up forcing me to taskmanager kill.

I will definite never watch this show. This problem is causing negative feelings towards that show, the showtime network and last fm.

I am in the us on windows xp sp3 with IE 7, Firefox 3 and, Sea Monkey 1.1.18,...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2010, 15:36
    Hi,

I have just tried it here on Firefox 3.6 and the ad didn't crash the browser. What is your flash version? Have you tried installing the latest one available?

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 17 Mar 2010, 16:07
    Thaelvyn said:
    I have just tried it here on Firefox 3.6 and the ad didn't crash the browser. What is your flash version? Have you tried installing the latest one available?
    Thaelvyn;
    What was the flash version you use? That might help others track where their problem lies. Seeing that it affects multiple browsers, it probably isn't strictly a browser issue. Having said that, most the browsers listed are not the current release.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • what to do if firefox isn't an option?

cannot download onto work computer, but this day is getting looooong without last.fm....

please fix as this has been a problem since at least yesterday-i managed to click onto something once to get to my station w/out having the nurse jackie ad, but i can't find it now.

I am in the us, using IE 8

____
    edit: after closing the frozen browser and restarting IE, the ad doesn't appear to play when going to last.fm, but still...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2010, 16:15
    snyde1 said:
    Thaelvyn said:
    Thaelvyn;
    What was the flash version you use? That might help others track where their problem lies. Seeing that it affects multiple browsers, it probably isn't strictly a browser issue. Having said that, most the browsers listed are not the current release.

[Pending moderation]

I always use latest updates. Flash 10.0.45.2 at the moment (unless there is a new one since 2 or 3 days :p)

• Olson-M said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2010, 17:55

nurse jackie on IE

All day yesterday, all day today (so far). IE in the US.

• Nurse Jackie VID keeps crashing in ie and mozilla

Nurse Jackie is crashing my session also. Atlanta GA, using IE7, no idea what Flash version. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks.

• dankine said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2010, 17:56
    do the flash version stuff...

• Nurse Jackie

Yep, here in US nurse Jackie freezes up my player. Have had no problem w/ Last FM until that damned ad..................Why should I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to fix a problem that Last FM created?

• Did the flash update....still get the last.fm screen of death...sponsored by Nurse Jackie.

• The ad is freezing the player for me as well. The ad comes on and IE freezes. the same thing happens with Safari. It is so annoying!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2010, 09:56
    zoloftgoth said:
    Did the flash update....still get the last.fm screen of death...sponsored by Nurse Jackie.

Hi, what browser(s) are you using?

It's not to ask you to use another one, but to help us track down where the issue is.

Thanks,
    Thae.

• 3 days in a row.

Wow. This is amazing. You guys can't fix a problem that is obviously cross platform and browser. I was listening to Last fm today with no problems until that video plays and guess what happens. it plays then locks up. I had to kill task on ie again. I have the lastest flash, shockwave, active x. etc.. ..
    whats the golden rule, 3 strikes and your out.. Its amuzing that you guys can't fix this.

Switching to another provider for a couple months. Maybe when you guys are done promoting this nurse jackie I can come back to something that works.

the worst part is I used to like that song in the commercial but now, sense its all I can listen partially on last fm I can't stand it or edie falco

• Possible solution in the meantime:

for all of those who still love last.fm and can remain loyal while they fix it, i've been clicking the radio button during the first few seconds of the ad, then going back to the perferred station from the recent stations list. It seems to bypass the ad in the meantime and go straight to the music. Please hurry last.fm team!

• We've let the ads team know, so a fix is forthcoming. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue!

• done with ya!

The video ads that play before the radio starts can cause some browsers to crash (Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2, and Safari 3/4).

Patience, well, it's been over a week since the known issues last update was the 10th. Patience has nothing to do with it since you cannot skip the ad and the site doesn't care that it's shown it 10 times in a row every time you reload so guess I'm switching back to Pandora and techno.fm. Flash isn't hard, it's been around awhile.

• Argh!

Can you please just take the ad off until you find a solution! Please!!!!

• I used IE8.....yesterday I had no problem...because our friend Nikolai the cyber criminal was on instead. Nurse Jackie is back...same problem.

Russian Cyber Criminals > Bitchy Nurses

• Me too! Nice to know I'm not alone

I'm in the U.S. on an iBook G4 using OS 10.4.11... As far as I know, my flash player, etc. are all current. Same issue: End of commercial freezes, computer crashes. Can't override spinning pizza wheel o' death and am force to unplug and remove battery! Can you say BOGUS? Knew you could! Once again, this renders last.fm absolutely USELESS to me, and I can see how this damages public relations for your sponsor too. Better to yank the ad until you figure this out folks! You appear to have an awful lot of pissed-off listeners...

• Can you just let us all know when it's fixed? Or just remove the ad? This is getting so old. I'll probably head back over to Pandora until you've figured this out.

• No fix. no luck no joy,

Just for pure giggles I thought I would check to see if the "AD guys" fixed the video problem.

So I tried to listen again and guess what... It locks up the second the video finishes. So no joy. and it still hasn't been fixed.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.