Forum » Web Site Support

My Radio Won't Play???

• My Radio Won't Play???

Is anyone else having trouble playing radio? Is there some new updated flash player or anything at all I need to download, or is it just down?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Feb 2010, 23:36
    not sure, but depending on what usage of any of the radio links from last.fm you want to listen to be it a genre or artist/s and those related.. I believe you have to subscribe for full use.. non subscribers can still scrobble music they are listening to on whatever mediaplayer they use.. with the relevant plugin and last.fm software installed..

• foreveryourrs20, you should have the latest version of flash installed, see this FAQ for more help if you don't have it yet: The on-site player isn’t displayed, how do I make it appear?

If this isn't the issue, could you describe the problem you're seeing in more detail? Is there any specific error message?

See these FAQ entries for more help, too:
    What can I do if the music player on the site doesn’t work at all for me?
    I’d like to report a new problem with the website, how can I do this?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2010, 11:09
    aha my mistake, was trying to be helpful.. but had not seen the part about the radio being free for those in the UK, US and Germany.. sorry for the mis-info or suggestions.

• There may be a genuine fault

My radio stopped working an hour ago, without warning. I had justed skipped maybe 5 or 6 tracks because of repetition, maybe this caused it to fail?

I have 7 pages of artists in my library and hundreds of tracks, but every time I try to play my library radio since the fault arose, it either goes to sleep or tells me there is no more content to play. I think its a fault at Last's end.

• Is it just your library radio that's not working? If so there's a few of us with the same problem See link http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/604544/1#f11909861

• ijpennykid said:
    Is it just your library radio that's not working? If so there's a few of us with the same problem See link http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/604544/1#f11909861

Yes, it is exactly the same problem. my 'Your Library' was working fine for months then died today. I am guessing the database or server holding our library data is faulty.

I tried to find a way to report the problem to Last, but all I can find are these forums.

• evilrix said...
    • Alumni
    • 25 Feb 2010, 15:21
    Hi everyone.

Ok, we think we've figured out what's going on here. We were testing an update to the radio service, which included additional protection to prevent request flooding by mis-behaving clients. It seems this change was more sensitive than we expected so we've reverted it for the time being pending further dev-testing.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Acer18 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 25 Feb 2010, 17:16
    ok evil rix.. but my player still isn't playing anything. i dont even get the "buffering" indication. all i'm getting a 'radio' window that does nothing. i cant even get the volume slider to move.

So, if your system still down or what is going on and yes i'm in the US so my subscription is free.

• Acer18 said:
    ok evil rix.. but my player still isn't playing anything. i dont even get the "buffering" indication. all i'm getting a 'radio' window that does nothing. i cant even get the volume slider to move.

So, if your system still down or what is going on and yes i'm in the US so my subscription is free.
    Have you checked some of the other things mentioned here in this thread yet, for instance if your flash is up-to-date or if you have JavaScript enabled in your browser? What I posted here may help :)

foreverautumn said:
    foreveryourrs20, you should have the latest version of flash installed, see this FAQ for more help if you don't have it yet: The on-site player isn’t displayed, how do I make it appear?

If this isn't the issue, could you describe the problem you're seeing in more detail? Is there any specific error message?

See these FAQ entries for more help, too:
    What can I do if the music player on the site doesn’t work at all for me?
    I’d like to report a new problem with the website, how can I do this?

• Same error

"all i'm getting a 'radio' window that does nothing. i cant even get the volume slider to move. "

Exact same error here, just started happening today. Radio window appears, but nothing loads up at all.

Trying to find some people here locally in San Diego that like the same kind of music, haven't really found any since moving here a few years ago and none of my friends are into the same stuff!
    • Acer18 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 25 Feb 2010, 17:43
    thank you 'markjmoll' glad to see that i'm not the only one getting this error.

and foreverautum, no disrespect, but i'm not stupid. when i find a problem i check out my system for any irregularities before i tell a company they are having issues.

Your site isn't working in Southern California!!! period! I get the radio window and nothing else. I did get a single track to play in the tiny player that will show up in the upper right hand corner that tells us what tracks we have recently played, but then your site tells me that i've played over 600 times on ur site since December 09. I play your site every day when i'm reading on the net. I like your site, so PLEASE FIX IT :)

• Re: Same error

markjmoll said:
    "all i'm getting a 'radio' window that does nothing. i cant even get the volume slider to move. "

Exact same error here, just started happening today. Radio window appears, but nothing loads up at all.
    Have you checked what I posted above yet? If the problem persists, could you let us know what web browser and operating system you are using?

• Re: Same error

What you posted above is not helpful. I have no idea if it's a SoCal thing, but that's also where I'm located. Internet explorer, Win XP Pro SP3, up to date on Flash. Radio window comes up blank, grey, and nothing loads up.

EDIT - "I did get a single track to play in the tiny player that will show up in the upper right hand corner that tells us what tracks we have recently played" At least I can get music to play this way, too.

Trying to find some people here locally in San Diego that like the same kind of music, haven't really found any since moving here a few years ago and none of my friends are into the same stuff!
  • Acer18 said:
    and foreverautum, no disrespect, but i'm not stupid. when i find a problem i check out my system for any irregularities before i tell a company they are having issues.
    If you've already checked these things, it will help if you let them know what you've already tried, this was why I was linking to the FAQ entries for more help and asking for more details :)

• Re: Re: Same error

markjmoll said:
    What you posted above is not helpful. I have no idea if it's a SoCal thing, but that's also where I'm located. Internet explorer, Win XP Pro SP3, up to date on Flash. Radio window comes up blank, grey, and nothing loads up.
    Thank you for the details, maybe it is an issue with your location - that needs testing. Since when have you been having this problem (today?), and do you have it with all radio stations you're trying to play, or for example just your library?

• Acer18 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:00
    it is happening with any radio station that I have used in the past, even trying 'my library'. I have had this problem for the past hour. It's only 10 am here in san diego. But your site is the only thing on my computer that isn't working like it should and yes, i've checked to make sure that the things u say have to be a certain way for your system to work ... those items are all up to date and have been for days.

Every other add on I have in my most recent firefox works well together. I"M NOT going to uninstall firefox, just cause your system stopped working in the Southern California area, and yes, i realize that my location should have no relation to the problem. I was just telling you where i was located.

I'm not a corp tester with the proper equipment to check and see why a program all of a sudden isn't working with a setup that that same program has worked very well with for months. when that happens It tells me that the company has a problem.

• evilrix said...
    • Alumni
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:02
    Radio window comes up blank, grey, and nothing loads up.
    The issue we identified earlier was to do with "no radio content" for some users. This should not affect your ability to interact with the player of the web page. In other words, it sounds like a different problem.

From what you describe it sounds more like a problem with the browser and/or flash player. There are a few if things you could do to try and test this...

1. You could try the Last.fm desktop client. Does that work for you? If so, clearly the issue isn't radio related.

2. You can check your flash-player plugin is working by going to this page. It should tell you the plugin version and render a nice pretty animation. The latest version of Flash is 10.0.45.2.

3. Are you able to try a different web browser? This would rule out any problem specifically with the browser (although, not the Flash plug-in).

If it still fails, a screen shot would be very helpful.

Thanks.

• Maxpwnz said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:25

Re: Same error

markjmoll said:

that's the same problem im getting too.

• Acer18 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:25
    ok, downloaded your client, it's playing a song, but it doesn't show me my 22 pages of Artists that i have on your firefox add on and I WANT those back!

How do I get your client to recognize everything associated with my account Acer18 that is on your site? Im talking about all the artists i just mentioned above?

OK, it seems that a "radio station" will work on your client. Though, i have no Idea why your system wont work in firefox. NOTHING has changed with my firefox at all.

OH, it would most certainly help if your client was configured just like your firefox addon is, meaning I have no idea how to start up a radio station in your client cause it's not mentioned there like it is in your addon. can you fix that please?

• Maxpwnz said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:26

Re: Same error

Sorry about the double post. I lagged lol

• Acer18 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:29

Re: Re: Same error

Maxpwnz said:
    markjmoll said:

that's the same problem im getting too.

ok there is a screen shot of what it does in my firefox addon. SO it's not a mess up on my system cause someone else has the same problem.

but everyone who has my problem U should get Last.fm to work if u install their PC computer client for windows on ur puter. look up the 'last.fm desktop client'. at least we can listen to some kind of radio til Last.fm fixes their problem.

• Maxpwnz said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:32

Re: Re: Re: Same error

ok there is a screen shot of what it does in my firefox addon. SO it's not a mess up on my system cause someone else has the same problem.

but everyone who has my problem U should get Last.fm to work if u install their PC computer client for windows on ur puter. look up the 'last.fm desktop client'. at least we can listen to some kind of radio til Last.fm fixes their problem.

yeah i already installed it so at least i can hear the music but i cant play it from firefox or IE

• Acer18 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:37
    yeah, i cant do it either.. it's wierd. Hopefully. last.fm can tell us why their client works but their addon wont work for us since today .

• evilrix said...
    • Alumni
    • 25 Feb 2010, 18:47
    Ok. First things first. You have my attention, I'm here and I'm going to try and help resolve your issue but I need you guys to have a little patience whilst I try to get to the bottom of this with you. It really doesn't matter if the problem is at our end or your end, so let's work together to see what we can figure out...

Ok, so above I asked you to try checking your flash player by going to the Adobe website. Have you done that yet? If not, please do so.

Also, it would be really helpful if you could try a different web browser (if you haven't already done so). I, personally, use Google Chrome as I find it a very night and light weight browser -- YMMV. I understand if you don't want to try this step but it would really help if you could.

Meanwhile, I'll do some digging my end.

Thanks.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.