Forum » Web Site Support

Facebook App doesn't work - there's pages of bad reviews for it, are you working on…

• Facebook App doesn't work - there's pages of bad reviews for it, are you working on a fix?

This is regarding the Facebook Application:
    http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2381079642

I can only assume that somehow none of the developers know about its issues, otherwise they would have written something warning people it doesn't work while they fix it.

Basically, nothing works other than you can see which of your Facebook friends are also on Last.fm. You only need to look at the pages and pages of negative reviews for the application to see it really doesn't work, and how many people would like to use it.

It's still being linked to in many places, e.g. http://www.last.fm/widgets/facebook

This is clearly a very popular application, so what the heck is going on? ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Edited by panda4king on 31 Aug 2009, 21:16
  • Agreed to above - should I just get rid of the app? Let us know.

Hi

I agree to the above - I've spent an hour trying to get this thing to work. Now, I find 100s of folk doing the same. I'm getting rid of the app. Waste of time. Such a shame.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2009, 07:08
    "What I'm Listening To" works for me, but it did take a few tries. Every now and then, I'll need to refresh it, because it gets behind. Sometimes that's because of Last.FM, sometimes it's because of Facebook, sometimes both. Most of the time, it works ok, though.

• genab said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2009, 08:27
    same here, on Facebook Forums, there are Tousand of People. who have this Problem.

last.fm should do anything after around a Jear, of doing nothing....

• I was able to get it to work, after months of it being dead - but only by using this application to install it via the code.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/apps/application.php?id=2352149512

"The world is a bad place, a bad place, a terrible place to live...oh, but I don't want to die." - "Reflections Of My Life" - Marmalade
  • Why are they ignoring this problem? Just cancel the app

Its strange last.fm are doing nothing - is there any way to contact them?

• davess said...
    • Subscriber
    • 7 Oct 2009, 15:45
    Radiotsar said:
    I was able to get it to work, after months of it being dead - but only by using this application to install it via the code.

I did this too, and if I opt to have 'my stuff' on my wall, it shows a player, and it DID work (though you have to click the player twice), but now this doesn't work either, it gives me a 'not enough content' message, although that clearly isn't the case.

The actual last.fm application, of course, doesn't do anything, show a player or anything, just this :

"No content to display.

This box will not be visible to people who view your Profile until this application adds content to it."

Surely it's about 2 years since this started. It's a mysteriously abandoned application.

• davess said...
    • Subscriber
    • 7 Oct 2009, 15:56

OK, I take it back....

davess said:
    Radiotsar said:
    I was able to get it to work, after months of it being dead - but only by using this application to install it via the code.

I did this too, and if I opt to have 'my stuff' on my wall, it shows a player, and it DID work (though you have to click the player twice), but now this doesn't work either, it gives me a 'not enough content' message, although that clearly isn't the case.

The actual last.fm application, of course, doesn't do anything, show a player or anything, just this :

"No content to display.

This box will not be visible to people who view your Profile until this application adds content to it."

Surely it's about 2 years since this started. It's a mysteriously abandoned application.

I just tried removing the 'my stuff' box (with the last.fm widget code on it, of course) from my 'wall' page to my 'boxes' page and then putting it back again, and now it works again. It's simply putting the code for the player from the last.fm site on a box and sticking it on your wall, instead of using the last.fm app, which is a dud already. It works just the same, looks like the little player option you get, the only difference is you have to click it twice to get it to work.

A working application would be nice all the same, plus it has more options.

• Agreed

• jnshk said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2009, 08:32
    I too wish that they would get this app up and running again. Sure there may be a workaround (mystuff), but I'm not particularly fond going that route. It's obvious that some of the code works because all of my current data appears on the app configuration page, but it simply doesn't translate to the embedded app box that would appear on my profile. "No content to display" seems to be going on at least a couple years now.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.