Forum » Web Site Support

Play count has changed

• Play count has changed

Hello,

I had about 60 thousand plays, now i only have around 1000. What gives?

• tofei said...
    • User
    • 13 Sep 2012, 20:01

Same here

I just noticed it in mine too. I had 200K+ something last time I checked now I'm just at 35K+. X( I've read it in the KNOWN ISSUES sticky:
    Your playcounts maybe incorrect or a lot less than you expect. This is a caching issue and should correct itself within 24 hours.
    I really hope it will correct itself soon like it did to some of the guys who posted the same issue here three days ago.

• Same here

I had over 91,000 plays and now I only have around 200 since yesterday.
    I hope this issue gets fixed soon like they said.

• Re: Same here

For me, it just looks like the first digit in my play count isn't displaying: it's showing 99554, and I know there should be a '2' in front of that. If I scroll over it I still get a normal "_ plays per track" tally - so whatever formula is in charge of that knows that the play count is higher than is being displayed. And the library is still correct (my two top artists easily go over 99.5k when added together, haha) so I'm thinking it's just a problem with how it's being displayed.

NASTY NASTY NASTY GIRLS // ROCK ROCK TO THE BEAT BEAT ALL NIGHT LONG
    GONNA GETCHUU WET WET ALL WET N' WILD // SO MAKE SOME NOISE ♫

Wet 'N Wild feat. SUITE CHIC
  • Same here

Me too. I hope you're right @SharedUmbrella and @tofei

• tofei said...
    • User
    • 14 Sep 2012, 17:03

My play count is now correct

I am happy to report my play count is back at 308908 so I confirm that it does resolve itself in time. To those still having issue or will be having it later, I suggest holding a little bit more on their patience until the play count corrects itself. Keep being cool, people. XD

• We use a thing called Memcache, which is basically the web/database equivalent of computer memory. Instead of querying the database for your playcount every time you refresh the page, we store this data in memcache for quick access.

Occasionally, and I personally don't understand why (not my expertise), the data in memcache gets out of sync with the true value stored in the database. This should fix itself within approximately 24 hours, which is when we refresh your playcounts.

• drumess said...
    • User
    • 14 Sep 2012, 18:41

play count

I had over 59,000 plays and now I only have around 23,000 since yesterday.
    I hope this issue gets fixed soon like they said.

Let the beat rock
  • Here's another staff member's lengthy post on this issue: http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/602762

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.