Forum » Web Site Support

neighbors suggestion thing is totaly brocken

• crosbow said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2012, 09:06

neighbors suggestion thing is totaly brocken

i looked into the neighbors suggestor thing. with disgust i read the text saying "people on with similar taste like you". because it was idiots only, not having the same taste like me. but what do i expect? didn't improve anything since 6 years, only changing looks from time to time to keep moths shut.

this clearly shows how weak the system is to the issues people want to have fixed since like the audioscrobbler. but those things are still not fixed. thank you very much for your great efforts mr.!

• wat

It works just fine.

• Babs_05 said...
    • 19 Aug 2012, 14:22
    ^^ mine's ok too.

what's wrong with yours, OP?

• Alainn said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2012, 14:37
    Mine says I need to listen to more music :(

Update: I now have 50 neighbours again, but 48 of them based on Prefuse73 whom I haven't played for two years (I think). I did play Piano Overlord recently (one of his aliases).

Edited by Alainn on 20 Aug 2012, 09:19
    • headey said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2012, 17:02
    I know it is only a computer working it out but it does look like something in the algorithm is a bit naff at the moment. Does it just pick out artists at random??

I've got 3 neighbours based on two to four bands

crosbow has
    47 based on one band 'Allure' &
    3 based on two bands 'Allure' & 'September.

It wouldn't look so daft if it said on the page "These neighbours are based on xyz blah blah criteria...
    .... If they don't seem appropriate please look again Wednesday or after you've listend to nn hours more music.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
    • crosbow said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2012, 22:17
    yeah that's what i mean. and now it's like allure is 100 different artists => people i hate are my neighbors.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.