Forum » Web Site Support

Jean-Michel Jarre or Jean Michel Jarre

• Rob_209 said...
    • User
    • 17 Aug 2012, 09:28

Jean-Michel Jarre or Jean Michel Jarre

Hi, just wondered why I am scrobbling as Jean-Michel Jarre when all my tags are set to Jean Michel Jarre (No Hyphen). A track will be added as Jean Michel Jarre but my play count in my charts will be displayed as Jean-Michel Jarre..... strange? Also wondered if the whiole thing with the hyphen is wrong anyways, cos if you look at www.jeanmicheljarre.com everthing there is referenced without the hyphen? All my cd collection from Jarre is without the hyphen as per website which does not mention the hyphen in any of its spellings or album releases.

Please help, not trying to be awkward.

Rob_209

• Rob_209 said...
    • User
    • 18 Aug 2012, 16:45
    BUMP

• http://www.last.fm/settings/website
    Did you clear the auto-correct tick box?

As for spelling you seem to have the right one, but I'm not staff.

What are the guidelines for correcting artist and tracknames?

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 20 Aug 2012, 03:22
    Jean Michel Jarre is the name used in MusicBrainz as well. That would be the definitive one.

Note that there is a thread for requesting reversals of auto-corrections.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • alin1 said...
    • User
    • 20 Aug 2012, 11:27
    Jean-Michel Jarre (with dash) is his birth name. On his album covers you could find both versions (with or without dash; examples). I tagged all JMJ songs with the dash version.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.