Forum » Web Site Support

"Nirvana" scrobbles are wrong

• "Nirvana" scrobbles are wrong

I don't know how to explain this problem I am having so I'll stick some links in so you can see what I mean...

My problem is with my Nirvana scrobbles

This page shows them as my top scrobbled band (with 562 plays) http://www.last.fm/user/muverick/charts?rangetype=overall&subtype=artists

BUT

Everywhere else (including their own page) shows them as only having 371 scobbles
    http://www.last.fm/user/muverick/library

Where have these extra unfindable 200 scobbles that don't exist come from and how do I get rid of them??

MuSiCaL sTuNtS
    • mr_maxis said...
    • 16 Aug 2012, 12:36
  • Why has it joined them all together? I renamed Nirvana UK in order to keep their scrobbles separate from my Nirvana scrobbles.

Is there any way of separating them? They have only added together in the last few days, before that they didn't affect each other.

MuSiCaL sTuNtS
    • dankine said...
    • User
    • 16 Aug 2012, 18:58
    because that is the way it should be. both bands are called nirvana.

• dankine said:
    because that is the way it should be. both bands are called nirvana.

So why is it still showing scrobbles for Nirvana UK in my library? If it's going to add the scrobbles then it should show 0 scrobbles for that artist?

I know they have the same name and there is really no easy way of avoiding this problem but why can't I keep them separate by doing what I had until there is a way of sorting them properly?

MuSiCaL sTuNtS
    • dankine said...
    • User
    • 16 Aug 2012, 20:36
    not every track has been autocorrected obviously. and because it balls up stats, which drive most of the features on the site, and the band aren't called that.

• No, My Nirvana UK scrobbles are still all there and they have also all been added to my other Nirvana scrobbles too. mr_maxis did the sum up there ^
    using the scrobbles from Nirvana UK.

I know the band isn't called that! I also know that the band I am calling Nirvana UK isn't the same band as Nirvana. I know the Nirvana page is for all artists called Nirvana but I don't want them to add the scrobbles to the same page. As it is now, I am being told that my top listening artist is Nirvana which is wrong, so my stats are ballsed up.

Also when I go to the Nirvana UK page it is saying my friends are listening to them too when they are in fact listening to the more common Nirvana, surely that is ballsing up the stats too?

MuSiCaL sTuNtS
    Edited by muverick on 17 Aug 2012, 08:18
  • I'll just delete one of my Nirvanas.

MuSiCaL sTuNtS
  • muverick said:
    I'll just delete one of my Nirvanas.

Kurt Cobain tried that one too.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.