Forum » Web Site Support

Missing tracks in scrobble list

• nospr said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 05:04
    Is this going to be fixed or am I going to lose all the extra plays?

Vision will blind. Severance ties. Median am I. True are all lies.
  • I'm having the SAME PROBLEM , shows em bein scrobbled on my compt , just not on the last.fm site , my page needs my new scrobbles ! ! !

• This bug seems to have one more aspect. I've deleted one of the new tracks from my recent track list (the artist was tagged wrong), and after that all new items which I listened to during the two last days have dissappeared from the recently played tracks.
    Will these tracks eventually get back to my library or will they be lost?

And how long will it take to fix this?

• miyoyuu said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 08:32
    Seriosuly, we all want it to be fixed. I'm just wondering how long it will take. It's already been four days in my case since I can see tracks on my 'recently played list' and not in the artist library. It really breaks my heart.

Edit:
    Tracks that I scrobbled and they were brand new are lost. Literally, they even don't appear in 'recently played' so I assume that everything's gone. Is there any possibility to do something with that?

Edited by miyoyuu on 8 Jun 2012, 19:11
    • minnox said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 09:32
    Cleverek said:
    minnox pisze:
    scrobbled and renamed by last.fm: Artist1, Artist2 -> Artist1 & Artist2
    -> listed under recently only

after id tag fix changing , to &
    -> scrobbles listed proper at top artists / top tracks too.

Can you be more precise?

just check my page at recently: optiv, btk got renamed to optiv & btk
    after i fixed it manually everything gets recorded as usual.

• K_i_m_i said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 11:25
    Same problem here.

12 plays out of 5. Great :)

• fech96 said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 12:02
    I scrobbled songs from brand new child Russian artists, about 2-3 days ago. They have no last.fm profiles, so I made some for them: Даяна Кириллова, Лёма Нальгиева, Александра Болдарева, Бон Су Хён. The odd thing, their tracks (and profile) appear on Recently Listened Tracks but disappear in Library. Just hope it could be appear soon.

• gx2066 said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 13:34
    Same problem here. I've been listening the new Bobby Brown album and only 3 tracks are being scrobbled.

http://www.last.fm/music/Bobby+Brown/The+Masterpiece

• minnox pisze:
    Cleverek said:
    minnox pisze:
    scrobbled and renamed by last.fm: Artist1, Artist2 -> Artist1 & Artist2
    -> listed under recently only

after id tag fix changing , to &
    -> scrobbles listed proper at top artists / top tracks too.

Can you be more precise?

just check my page at recently: optiv, btk got renamed to optiv & btk
    after i fixed it manually everything gets recorded as usual.

Aw, that won't help me :( I can't fix mine like that :(

• gwalla said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 17:48
    Come on, guys, it's been a week and stuff I played on Monday still isn't appearing in my library. At this rate I can kiss chart accuracy for my weekly snapshot goodbye.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 19:18
    gwalla said:
    Come on, guys, it's been a week and stuff I played on Monday still isn't appearing in my library. At this rate I can kiss chart accuracy for my weekly snapshot goodbye.

lol yeah this sucks :(

there's just something so comforting about scrobbling/checking out what you've listened to... it's like we're stuck in the 20th century again.

• BeZet said...
    • Subscriber
    • 8 Jun 2012, 20:12
    I agree, it's been a long time since this problem is troubling us and we haven't even heard from Last.fm yet. I know they have this password problem now, but they should fix this ASAP - we can't scrobble new artists!

• Babs_05 said...
    • 8 Jun 2012, 20:16
    You saw this, posted day before yesterday, right? http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2053803/1#f18216751

Knapster01 said:
    We're still trying to confirm this, however it's looking like this is replication lag between database servers. No data will be lost if this is the case (and it's likely this is the case).

• BeZet said...
    • Subscriber
    • 8 Jun 2012, 20:20
    Touché, I've missed that post.

• TIWL said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 20:26

Same Thing Here

http://www.last.fm/user/TIWL/library/music/Mantas (14 plays for the album Death By Metal while the whole count is zero)

And

http://www.last.fm/user/TIWL/library/music/Rush (The whole count is 25, while the album Clockwork Angels has 32 for itself)

• Babs_05 pisze:
    You saw this, posted day before yesterday, right? http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2053803/1#f18216751

Knapster01 said:
    We're still trying to confirm this, however it's looking like this is replication lag between database servers. No data will be lost if this is the case (and it's likely this is the case).

Now I would rather loose them all and can scrobble with no trouble than just wait for nothing day by day.

• Babs_05 said...
    • 8 Jun 2012, 20:50
    I know, it's the waiting, even with the staff reassurance (above). It's not happening to me (that I've noticed) so to my mind, this indicates it's not universal and therefore possibly that bit harder to find and fix. Your patience is very much appreciated while staff get this sorted.

• XOTIK said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 21:31
    Same problem. New tracks -- new both to your library and to the Last.fm database or whatever -- are scrobbled, but not added to the library; it doesn't seem to be related to a specific artist or track. [3]

With this track specifically for me: Jamaster A - Sha La La feat. BENYLAN & MC茶米 (Jamaster A Extended Mix)

And probably with other songs too, though that's one that I've noticed.

• Ensor said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 21:54
    Just to clarify, in my case at least, this problem is only affecting tracks new to Last.fm's database.

Tracks already in the database, but new to my library, are being added just fine.

• nospr said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 21:55
    Okay... now some of newly added tracks are being added... but others aren't? Did it normally take this long to make new track entries?

Vision will blind. Severance ties. Median am I. True are all lies.
  • nospr pisze:
    Okay... now some of newly added tracks are being added... but others aren't? Did it normally take this long to make new track entries?

I've just checked and in my case it still doesn't work :/

• XOTIK said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2012, 22:52
    Also not working

Alexandra Stan – Lemonade

Which was just released this week, and hence new to the database.

• BeZet said...
    • Subscriber
    • 8 Jun 2012, 23:12
    I think it is useless to post tracks that don't work as tens of thousands of tracks are released every hour.

Essentially we can't scrobble tracks/artists that are new and haven't been in the database yet (since a certain date in the past, possibly a week or two).

• SAPike said...
    • User
    • 9 Jun 2012, 01:15
    Ensor said:
    Just to clarify, in my case at least, this problem is only affecting tracks new to Last.fm's database.

Tracks already in the database, but new to my library, are being added just fine.

Exactly
    This has been going on for a week here. After some investigating, I've found other "new" stuff added months ago that still is not in my artist library. Yet, if I dig artist~song~album...I see them (just the older stuff; not this past weeks mia stuff)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Jun 2012, 07:13
    wow this is fucking gay. now artists are showing up with 0 listeners... last.fm is getting more and more fucked up.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.