Forum » Web Site Support

Libarary radio keeps playing the same tracks over and over again?!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2012, 15:46

Libarary radio keeps playing the same tracks over and over again?!

i have about 60 artists added to my library, but when i play library radio it just keeps playing the same songs by only a few of them. When i skip these heavily repeated tracks, it ends up saying that there is no content available, when some artist in my library haven't even been played once yet. Does this mean i have to go onto every individual artist and add their songs to my library to be able to listen to them on my library radio?
    thanks and for some reason this question got deleted the first time i put it here

• dankine said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2012, 19:03
    you have a tiny amount of music actually in your library for it to choose from. keep listening and it will get better. tag stuff, listen to other radios etc

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2012, 21:40
    i just want it to play the songs from the rest of the artists i have added to my library, and how do you see the music in your library?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2012, 22:18
    you could try http://www.combofm.de/login/ just enter your last.fm username
    and password, add any genres (tags), your chosen artists. Unlike the radio
    on last.fm you are not restricted to just three, but can add as many as you
    want.

As for available tracks of any artists you have in you library, this is dependent
    on whether last.fm has them available. The best way is to play as much music
    from your media player and scrobble. Try different radio stations on the site
    not just one or two, and build up your music profile taste.

Tip: The more you add to your library the greater chance of hearing
    a greater variety of music on last.fm

• To see your library, click the library tab on the upper-left (from your profile page). Then click the "Recently Added" link on the right for a list of all the tracks, or click the (# plays) link next to an artist name.

Yes, you could add tracks individually from each artist page. I found that to help when I had your problem (when i joined Last.fm years ago). But if that's too tedious or time-consuming for you, it may be better to just play similar artist radio until you get enough tracks in your library. (You could pick three of the artists with 0 plays in your library to play in Multi-Artist Radio.) Also try your Mix Radio station, which is more likely (than library radio) to play other tracks by the artists in your library.

• headey said...
    • User
    • 29 May 2012, 09:22
    Sliders1234 said:
    Also try your Mix Radio station, which is more likely (than library radio) to play other tracks by the artists in your library.
    +1

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.