Forum » Web Site Support

Hearts and others icons come and go

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2012, 08:48

Hey snyde1

snyde1 said:
    1) You may be blocking the "davethemoonman" url (with AdBlocker Plus?), but it is in your "About Me". You might want to edit that out - it will help those that vist your page.

2) No idea what might have changed. It's not Last.fm, I have not had this issue.

3) The 1st link? If you mean the icons image, it's actually a few KB, so the size of a few bytes is a give away that it's not being loaded correctly.

1) Dude, you were right all along about the aforementioned URL (to me, it makes you a genius). I have no idea how I didn't see it before. (ABP=AdBlock Plus - for Firefox users).

Cool! After it turned out that I had it all the time, how do you explain the fact that every page on last.fm (including other users pages) the icons are missing there too?! They do not have the aforementioned URL in question like me?? (At least not all necessarily)

You wrote and I quote: "You might want to edit that out - it will help those that visit your page."

(So first of all I threw that shit to hell, but guess what, it did not help!)
    What do you mean it will help others to visit your page?
    How (and why) exactly? Please explain, detail, and necrosis.

2) After I checked into all sorts of angles (different browsers and operating systems, with and without obstacles, cleaning temporary files and cache), I have no shadow of doubt, that the problem is derives from last.fm, it just because there is nothing else! (See what our friend Knapster01 said before, about blank.js file).

3) I'm asking you again please, where did you find it? how did you get it?

Again, thanks for everything.

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 16 Apr 2012, 03:42

Re: Hey snyde1

barryoni said:
    You wrote and I quote: "You might want to edit that out - it will help those that visit your page."
    Leaving dead links lying about slows things down.
    3) I'm asking you again please, where did you find it? how did you get it?I'm not sure I understand what you mean - it's in the logs you posted. That file provides the icons, so there are strong hints in your previous posts that it could be the problem. However, it could be other files that were not being loaded correctly as well - that's why Knapster01 asked to see the logs.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.