Forum » Web Site Support

Massive jump in listeners/plays on some artists. Missing completely for others.

• Mark_H said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2012, 13:22

Massive jump in listeners/plays on some artists. Missing completely for others.

I've been tracking certain artists every week for months now and this week something very strange has happened:

Banco del Mutuo Soccorso

Last week: 38020 listeners/469503 plays
    This week: 210465 listeners/2981828 plays

Aksak Maboul

Last week: 12424 listeners/138911 plays
    This week: 44817 listeners/467169 plays

News From Babel

Last week 2656 listeners/30265 plays
    This week: 16177 listeners/269155 plays

And the list goes on. These are MASSIVE changes in data being reported... Why?

And also, the API is failing to return data for hundreds of artists (this seems related to reports of missing data from artist pages).

Example
    The Underground Railroad

The API returns:

<stats>
    <listeners></listeners>
    <playcount></playcount>
    </stats>

For the stats. Last week this artist had 614 listeners and 8588 plays...

Something is very seriously wrong with the backend database?

Cheers,

Mark

• I also noticed a doubling of listeners/plays for one band from yesterday to today

• senne said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2012, 21:22
    Same for Family Portrait (massive jump) and TV Buddhas (massive drop).

HumanHuman, a music discovery community.
  • The same thing with Blackpaperplanes yesterday it was about 1000 listeners and today its only 329 ? What is going on? Where are our listeners?

Радуйся , пока живой.
  • It's the same with a lot of artist now... and last 6 months list is fucked up to :(

• and on RiWe 6 monts list is Westside 'Till I Die 14 plays & Baby Girl 3 plays, and it's not even Riwe's sonGs :S

• I've noticed that for some tracks and albums. Some just went to zero.

Example: Hemispheres

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Mar 2012, 07:02
    edit: moved this post to http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2033771 as that thread is more relevant to the issue

• Also Dr. Dre's plays moved from over 10 Millions to just 1.5 millions... what's going on?

• Thanks for flagging this, we had a outage with our chartserver over the weekend which we have resolved.

If you are still seeing bad data on the live site, it's likely the results are cached and should update as soon as the cache updates.

• hmm

urghh mine were fine until today?! http://last.fm/music/Ice+Cream+Children it's gone to zero play & listeners! this is really upsetting particularly because i am just starting to promote this band and every listener means a lot to me...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.