Forum » Web Site Support

imagegen down again?

• Alas, you get what you pay for... last.fm is a great service but it's sadly been neglected.

• Ironically I did actually pay for Last.fm as I was a regular subscriber for years. I've let me subscription lapse now as the one thing I really want/need is no longer available to me!

citizenkeith said:
    Alas, you get what you pay for... last.fm is a great service but it's sadly been neglected.

• Certainly becoming frustrating.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2012, 09:24

Excuse me?

What is "imagegen" exactly, and what is all about?

Thanks.

• Re: Excuse me?

barryoni said:
    What is "imagegen" exactly, and what is all about?

Thanks.

The chart images ;)

http://www.last.fm/tools/charts

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2012, 16:06

Hi, SexxAtraxxion

Thanks for the link, but I was there already (I had to look on Google to get there).

Since it does not work right now, I can not know what does it do exactly, and that was the intention of my question.

I just want someone light up my eyes and explain me what all the noise and confusion.

But thanks anyway.

• m3lyc said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2012, 21:19
    Imagegen automatically creates an image showing others the most recent tracks you have listened to (5 to 10 I think) that you can display on message boards or your blog or website or whatever. It's a service that has worked for years with only a few niggles and is one of the most used features of the site, and now it's completely down and noone knows when it's going to be fixed. So annoying!

• There are no new updates about this problem? I can't see the chart since seven months ago, and my signatures in the forums looks so poor and uninteresting :( .

• The thing that is really starting to get to me is that Last.FM has no respect for it's users.
    Regular updates on such an important service should be given regularly. We shouldn't have to chase for responses. Feeling like you are being ignored just makes me want to walk away and find an alternative service

Come on Last.FM, please sort this out

• Beginning of The End??

This can't be that huge a technical issue, and may not, on the scale of things, be that important, but it's about perception. And chart images on sites around the world are about the biggest aspect of last.fm's perception there is.

Broken links and moaning users do nothing to promote or enhance last.fm....and it sadly seems that nobody cares at last.fm HQ.

I really hope this isn't the start of the slide, last.fm remains one of my most loved places on the web, so come on, show us you still care !!!!

• Mop66 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 18 Apr 2012, 08:00
    Make it work, I pay for it!

• citizenkeith said:
    Alas, you get what you pay for... last.fm is a great service but it's sadly been neglected.

glitztech said:
    Ironically I did actually pay for Last.fm as I was a regular subscriber for years. I've let me subscription lapse now as the one thing I really want/need is no longer available to me!

I had no idea there was a paid service! Tells you how much I pay attention around here. That DOES suck!

• I think this is a scandal we have to pay a greater attention to through our contacts and influence in various nets and communities. Hallo LastFM - don't you care for your image and reputation?

• Yeah, any alt fix for this problem? :D

edit: nvm, i made my own now. lol :D

• Yes!

it seems to be working again...

• Yes, but "top Weekly artist" Dont Work :(

• Mop66 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 26 Apr 2012, 15:48
    Yes, seems to be back since today. Let's hope it stays that way.

• I'm here to say: Yeah.

• LL4KK said...
    • User
    • 27 Apr 2012, 19:59
    It's about time that it's working again. It's ridiculous that it even took this long for the problem to be rectified.

• m3lyc said...
    • User
    • 28 Apr 2012, 13:04
    YAY!

• Finally!

• Lgerd said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2012, 15:36
    Yeah, "finally", and some of the images are wrong. My old style used to have transparent spaces between boxes and now they're black. It's the same for all styles that had transparent parts - they show white on previews but come up black when you try it on, like SimpleSilverTop5, for example - white lines on the preview and black in the chart itself.
    What's worse, chart designer is broken, so there's no way I can change anything, fix width or colors or anything.

• Mine still seems borked... :( These results are from an iPod scrobble over a week ago.

• I think Last.Fm got it to work now.

-Rose

• XxblixX said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2012, 13:22

Transparency??

I would say I'm "thrilled" that it's working, but what makes me a little bit less than that, is the fact that the transparency isn't working, just like "Lgerd" what's suppose to be transparent has been replaced with black.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.