Moral or Health?

• th3voic3 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Ago 2008, 13:17
    Moral. Definitely!

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Oct 2008, 8:12
    The same.. Morals were the starter... And yes, good health is a very nice co-product :-)

• both, I never felt good after eating meat. and of course I prefer living with animals than eating them - it seems so barbaric... in some way we're animals too, but eating ourselves we consider something sinful. that's a hypocrite's way to put it.

singing drinking acting kinky :D
  • Definitely moral!

I'm hanging on the ropes of hope
    It's getting hard to cope you know
    • Usuario
    • 4 Nov 2008, 0:20

• why just 2 options? why not "reason" or "common sense" ?

animal based agriculture and diet is unreasonable.
    requires too much resources,and with growing health and waste problems is dangerous to the economy,in a long term.

why so few vegetarians think of themselves just in moral (ego) or health (ego again) categories?

• cogsturning sagte:
    moral. ive always been bad about my health so i wouldnt have even thought of that.

Hahaha, that could have been me. Yeah. I don't really care about my health. Well, food-wise I mean... *lol* But I must admit, in the end it's also healthier, so... Why not?

I dreaded sunny days so I'll meet you at the cemetery gates...

I've been standing by the nile when I saw the lady smile.
    • Usuario
    • 5 Nov 2008, 16:34
    Nowadays both, previously it was only for the health reasons.

• mr_craftsman said:
    why just 2 options? why not "reason" or "common sense" ?

animal based agriculture and diet is unreasonable.
    requires too much resources,and with growing health and waste problems is dangerous to the economy,in a long term.

why so few vegetarians think of themselves just in moral (ego) or health (ego again) categories?
    how is acting morally egotistic? that's an argument i hear from omnivores now and again: "you're just doing it to satisfy your conscience"... since when is being selfless selfish - what kind of twisted logic is that? i don't know about you, but i personally consider it a virtue when one holds a clear conscience higher than the benefits of acting immorally, and if it's satisfying, then that's win-win.

i am vegetarian for moral reasons, and of course that includes environmental, economical and social issues as well as ethics towards non-human animals.

• brilhar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Nov 2008, 21:58
    moral.. i would never stop eating something i loved ( & i loved fish ) just to 'live healthy'... i still survive on junk food, just now it's french fries instead of hamburgers

• Tiln escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Nov 2008, 22:53
    moral. my mind is stronger than my need to satisfy my taste....

hey! please listen to this--> http://www.last.fm/music/Tilen+Hrovatic

http://bobtiln.weebly.com

peace and respect
  • Exactly the same for me.

guilhermeguedes said:
    First, health issues. I'm a lactose intolerant, and suddenly started not to feel so good about eating meat. Then, when I started reading about it, got to know the moral aspects, and agreed completely.

• erikjan22 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Nov 2008, 16:08
    Mine was 100% moral.
    Health is just a bonus. It's funny beacause most people think being a vegan or vegatarian is bad for you, but eating meat isn't healthy at all! XD

Btw: excuse me for my poor english ^^

• Good English!

• MORAL.I eat a lot and badly :P

• Moral.

I remember watching Charlotte's Web when I was little and thinking, "Hey. No. We're eating people's pets!"
    Of course I realised later that we're not eating people's pets, but even so, I'm still vegan. The way animals are so disrespected and slaughtered makes me ill.

So do PETA. They give us normal folk a bad name.

• yeah, morals. it was a long time after wards i found out about the healthiness of it.

straight edge? I'll drink to that!
    • pyszardek escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Nov 2008, 0:24
    definitely moral reason.
    i don't want to taste blood in my mouth.

• Usuario
    • 16 Nov 2008, 14:00
    IMO the title should be moral, health or ecological?

If it was like that, I'd go for ecological and moral ;) health is just a pleasant side effect.

• I want to ask any vegetarians, if you are so, for moral or health reasons, why have you not become vegan, considering it is much more healthy and any cruelty involved in the meat industry, is mirrored, or much more drawn out in the dairy/eggs industry?
    This doesn't apply obviously if you are becoming or want to become vegan.

• Usuario
    • 17 Nov 2008, 15:18
    It's mainly because I still live with my parents and they wouldn't want to cook vegan only (I'm the only veg. in my family).
    After I've left home I'd like to become vegan. Vegetarian is just an interstage ;)

ooops didn't read you whole post...

• both - moral first. disgrosi I cook my own vegan food when I go to my parents.. have you tried that? just a though.

emotional, physical, and sexual desires can never be fulfilled
    • Usuario
    • 19 Nov 2008, 21:11
    well then I'd have to cook every day... and I'm not quite sure whether my parents would pay this "extra" food. But it certaily is a good idea. I cook for my family from time to time but - (un)lucky me - not every day

• Hey thats understandable. Good luck doing it in the future man :)

emotional, physical, and sexual desires can never be fulfilled
    • nannoninn escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Nov 2008, 2:50
    lewymcgee said:
    100% poop

Times one thousand!! srsly. Vegan craps are the best craps.

Also, meat is just fucking nasty.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.