Christian stuff - Post and ridicule here

• NeedleDee escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Sep 2009, 13:06
    and haven't we all heard at least one, if not several' of the following arguments from theists:

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
    — Guillaume Apollinaire
    "Men and women are the two faces on the coin of humanity; to deface either of them is to devalue humanity." - Pru Goward
    "The Air Force pinned a medal on me for killing a man and discharged me for making love to one." - Leonard Matlovich
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Sep 2009, 22:03
    lol "drink the last beer in the fridge"

• NeedleDee escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Sep 2009, 22:24
    Saw this on another thread, and though I would share it here:

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
    — Guillaume Apollinaire
    "Men and women are the two faces on the coin of humanity; to deface either of them is to devalue humanity." - Pru Goward
    "The Air Force pinned a medal on me for killing a man and discharged me for making love to one." - Leonard Matlovich
    • Waldheri escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Sep 2009, 8:36
    Ah yes, Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort. Two nitwits whom I have given entirely too much attention already. If anything, we should all ask to receive their free version of Origin of Species so it won't have their effects as propaganda for anti-intellectualism.

Meshuggah: "A combination of the powerful and the avant-garde, the band is as visceral and imposing an act as you’ll ever see and hear, guitarists Fredrik Thordendal, Mårten Hagström, and bassist Dick Lövgren hammering out lurching, monolithic riffs as they headbang in robotic unison, vocalist Jens Kidman barking out surreal verses like a twisted drill sergeant while gesticulating like a puppet on strings. - Adrien Begrand (PopMatters)
    • NeedleDee escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Sep 2009, 9:23
    If anything, we should all ask to receive their free version of Origin of Species so it won't have their effects as propaganda for anti-intellectualism.Quite agree. I truly thought Comfort was a Poe's Law contributor, but have been reliably informed that he is not.

— Guillaume Apollinaire
    • Waldheri escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Sep 2009, 13:11

Carl Sagan sings!

I came across this, maybe you've seen it before. I thought I'd post it here, even though it is not ridicule. It is a remix of Cosmos, made into song. Also features Stephen Hawking!

Lyrics:

[Sagan]
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch
    You must first invent the universe

Space is filled with a network of wormholes
    You might emerge somewhere else in space
    Some when-else in time

The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars

A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way

The Cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths
    Of exquisite interrelationships
    Of the awesome machinery of nature

I believe our future depends powerfully
    On how well we understand this cosmos
    In which we float like a mote of dust
    In the morning sky

But the brain does much more than just recollect
    It inter-compares, it synthesizes, it analyzes
    it generates abstractions

The simplest thought like the concept of the number one
    Has an elaborate logical underpinning
    The brain has it's own language
    For testing the structure and consistency of the world

[Hawking]
    For thousands of years
    People have wondered about the universe
    Did it stretch out forever
    Or was there a limit

From the big bang to black holes
    From dark matter to a possible big crunch
    Our image of the universe today
    Is full of strange sounding ideas

[Sagan}
    How lucky we are to live in this time
    The first moment in human history
    When we are in fact visiting other worlds

The surface of the earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean
    Recently we've waded a little way out
    And the water seems inviting

Meshuggah: "A combination of the powerful and the avant-garde, the band is as visceral and imposing an act as you’ll ever see and hear, guitarists Fredrik Thordendal, Mårten Hagström, and bassist Dick Lövgren hammering out lurching, monolithic riffs as they headbang in robotic unison, vocalist Jens Kidman barking out surreal verses like a twisted drill sergeant while gesticulating like a puppet on strings. - Adrien Begrand (PopMatters)
  • lol is that actually seriously done by Sagan? :P

• NeedleDee escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Sep 2009, 13:35
    The Cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths
    Of exquisite interrelationships
    Of the awesome machinery of nature

I did enjoy that, I've never heard it before.

— Guillaume Apollinaire
    • Waldheri escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Sep 2009, 14:01
    The clips were taken from a television series about the cosmos ("Cosmos") by Carl Sagan. (I have the book , but unread. This makes me want to read it.) Some guy simply used software to change the pitch and tempo of what was being said, to turn it into "singing". I've seen something similar done with clips from news broadcasts.

• Usuario
    • 26 Sep 2009, 17:42
    All I can say is I have to read that intro. Sure Ray Comfort is a fucking moron and obviously very stupid, but he does so much for the anti-religion community he's actually useful.

When you hear the garbage that people like Comfort have to say, just imagine how many people out there get to see first hand how stupid religious people are. His voice aIone probably converts many against religion. I say he's too valuable to our cause to ignore.

• Waldheri said:
    The clips were taken from a television series about the cosmos ("Cosmos") by Carl Sagan. (I have the book , but unread. This makes me want to read it.) Some guy simply used software to change the pitch and tempo of what was being said, to turn it into "singing". I've seen something similar done with clips from news broadcasts.

Ah. Yes, I thought the singing and all that seemed a bit too weird.

• BFD31095 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 28 Sep 2009, 12:50
    Lots of great stuff have been posted, but nothing beats the first picture.

• jorrizza escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Sep 2009, 17:12
    Haha, ultimate recursion: Explaining the straw man logical fallacy by misrepresenting opponents of creationism. But anyway, it's still a nice link to send logically failing creationists in a debate.

The awesome link of flaming death, epic destruction and pancakes.
    Warning, clicking this link might cause defects like enlightenment, godlessness and knowledge
    • NeedleDee escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Oct 2009, 23:44

— Guillaume Apollinaire
    • afz902k escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Oct 2009, 6:33
    I just realized I missed this place.

I never mean what I post.
    • Usuario
    • 7 Oct 2009, 23:27

Funny atheist show from Texas

• That particular call was a Poe, btw.

These girls did it: http://atheistgirls.blogspot.com/2008/07/microbiologychick-has-been-bad-girl.html

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
    • Usuario
    • 8 Oct 2009, 16:41
    That removes all the fun from it. :(

• Waldheri escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Oct 2009, 15:49

Exercising Demons

• Waldheri escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Oct 2009, 18:59
    Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't pass this up:

God introduces new bird (Onion News)

• well here's a website out of thousands of its abominous kind that i came across while looking for star wars action figure collecting info, haha of all places, its so full of bs but some of it is rather funny as ridiculous.... christians would call anything that they disagree or disgusts them as being "satanic". very irrational thinking, to get worked up over things like a stupid star wars character.....stupid......

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0899/jar.html

Editado por Fenrisulfrwolf7 el 10 Oct 2009, 17:06
    • Waldheri escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Oct 2009, 16:59
    It's satire. It's hard to tell. A true case of Poe-nage.

• Fenrisulfrwolf7 said:
    well here's a website out of thousands i came across while looking for star wars action figure collecting info, haha, its so full of bs but some of it is rather funny as ridiculous....

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0899/jar.html

The idea of masturbating to/with Jar Jar is so disturbing....

O.O

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
  • ah, is the site really satire? perhaps i missed that since im much used to seeing these kinds of foolish groups out there abroad who actually take themselves very seriously.

• NeedleDee escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Oct 2009, 11:39
    Jar Jar?

I'm fairly sure landoverbaptist is a Poe-nage. Is this the site we discussed briefly before in another thread Lea? Didn't you do a quick search and find the contributors to be non-existent or something like that?

Love the exercising demons picture :)

EDIT: further laughing at silly baptist site has given me an idea for Halloween costume - Witch Hunter General :)

— Guillaume Apollinaire
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.