Speed Metal

• RedBurp escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Ago 2008, 19:46

Speed Metal

Speed Metal seems to have a lose meaning bands like Motorhead and Juds Priest are sometimes called Speed Metal then so are alot of Thrash band.
    What do you guys think?

• Speed metal to me is just fast heavy metal. A lot of the bands overlap with power metal or thrash or both. Examples include Running Wild, Vectom, Abattoir, Iron Angel (Hellish Crossfire), Agent Steel etc. I would consider Priest's Painkiller to be primarily speed metal to.

I don't consider stuff like Dragonforce to be speed metal in the classic sense.

Thrash Til Death!
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Nov 2008, 11:05
    Speed metal is imo 80ies metal which is rooted in heavy and thrash metal, with a rather melodic but fast riffing and melodic vocals, such as Judas Priest's Painkiller or Abbatoir's The Only Safe Place.

That's why I would also not consider Dragonforce being a speed metal band, I would rather call it new/ modern power metal.

• thenktor escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Dic 2008, 15:42
    I've got the same opinion like Vision1984 and RockBerlin ;-)

• plb escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Feb 2009, 2:12

The purest form of speed metal.

• mehrtal escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Abr 2009, 12:36

Speed Metal for me is the 80's Metallica and Anthrax , 2 first albums of Annihilator and things like that, some thrash bands play speed Metal some not.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Abr 2009, 13:58
    Some more Power Metal Influenced stuff like helloweens first album or the first three albums of blind guardian is speed metal too.

• I agree, and Living Death is a nice example.

Shallow are words from those who starve, for a dream not their own to slash and scar
  • Exciter is the purest Speed metal band. There is also Beehler. I also consider bands like Agent Steel and Enforcer Melodic Speed Metal.
    But in most cases Speed metal is really underground

• I actually happen to have a group about this :D

Its pretty small for now but this group will be for ppl who want to discover Speed metal bands

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.