[Review] The Armed - Young & Beautiful EP

• [Review] The Armed - Young & Beautiful EP

The Armed - Young & Beautiful

Press play. Think of Calculating Infinity. I mean, come on! Young & Beautiful not only reminds of the opening track of one of the most important albums of this genre, it seems like a full blown tribute. Now these guys have posted liner notes for their songs here on last.fm, but they don't mention something like that. I'd still like to think, it's more of a tribute, than a rip-off.

The Armed is one of those bands who put out good material for free all the time and Young & Beautiful is no exception. It features 5 songs and while the first two burst out with a lot of spazzy aggresion and violence, the rest is a bit more versatile and sometimes melodic. The latter makes me think of earlier Every Time I Die material, which isn't the worst. Does anyone remember their good days anyways? The more chaotic stuff on this EP, well... I think I've mentioned who it reminds me of. However, none of the stuff really sticks with you, apart from the opening bits, for obvious reasons. The whole thing just rushes through and that's it.

While the music of The Armed never blew me off my socks, I have a soft spot for them. I like their approach, I guess. I can see a lot of effort going into what they're doing and then they just blow it all out for free. Go and check www.thearmed.com and download all their shit. It doesn't cost you more than a few clicks and chances are, you might like it.

• Pretty awesome stuff

O'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'BlivionO'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'BlivionO'Blivion
    O'Blivion
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.