Your thoughts on "Ire Works"

• irishtim escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Nov 2007, 7:23

Your thoughts on "Ire Works"

I'll start. Man have I been waiting for this album. I've been so hungry for new DEP, and I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoy it. I think Greg's vocals have improved alot. I was a little skeptical of the idea of a new drummer. Nothing against Gil Sharone (he's a beast and did a great job. Very solid drummer) but I miss Chris Pennie. And I won't resort to listening to Coheed to hear him. My only complaint is the album is way to short. They used too many noise filler tracks, and alot of the songs are under 2 minutes. All in all great record. Good job DEP.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Nov 2007, 13:13
    there are some short songs that could have been fleshed out so well. Sick on Sunday in particular. Nong Eye Gong reminds me of Panasonic Youth a hell of a lot. i was hoping for When Acting as a Particle/Wave would be epic songs, but i'm unsure they are. however, the last three songs make up for any shortcomings i think. they are insanely good. i love the addition of the piano, i've always thought of it as a perfect instrument and could be in addition to any band. thankfully it didn't sound cheesy, and never really becomes the lead focus on the band until the very end. a perfect ending to the album, Tool influenced i think. especially with the drumming

i would give it a 8/10 i think. very atmospheric, and i just can't wait to hear it live. i hope they go the whole hog and get everything down how it is on the album

• Geider escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Dic 2007, 11:10
    Just love the album, especially the song Lurch (Y)

• Tbass17 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 27 Dic 2007, 14:21
    Fix Your Face and Black Bubblegum they had better play them live!

• MarkedOne escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 28 Dic 2007, 17:16
    In my opinion their best album :P My favorite are Black Bubblegum and Mouth of Ghosts, but you have to listen to the whole record to get the picture :-) I mean those short tracks simply work with longer to create an interesting music :D

• brammadan escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2008, 19:01
    first off: hi, im new in this group!
    I agree that the songs are pretty short, but it doesn't bother me that much. The short songs build up to the longer ones in the end. It's funny what christalbot said, cause personally Fix Your Face reeaaaaaally reminded me of Panasonic Youth, especially the start (and both of them are the first songs of the album ofcourse).

I don't think this is their best album.. Its good tho! Not disappointed at all tho i really liked chris' drumming.

Best songs: Fix Your Face and Horse Hunter

• I enjoyed the shorter pieces very much, especially their dabbling with electronics and piano.

There were some embarrassingly weak parts, for instance the tacky chorus of Black Bubblegum and Milk Lizard, but a powerful album overall.

• Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2008, 8:35
    Mouth of Ghosts & Milk Lizard. The shit.

• It just took me a little time to enjoy it but the conclusion I've come to is that Ire Works is the love child of Mr. C. Infinity and little Miss Machine and it makes for a great listen when you put it on from start to finish.

Love those guest vox on Horse Hunter...

God is found, not in rivers but in drops.
    • sexy_drug escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Feb 2008, 11:51
    I have shat out corn that could have Composed a better album than Ire Works.

• Fantastic album. Its got the perfect blend of prog and insanity. The new drummer is pretty good and the songs have a lot of variety. The album is worth Mouth of Ghosts itself IMO!

• rickbosch escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Mar 2009, 11:26
    Insanity, it's a work of art...really is...

• Crazium escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Sep 2009, 4:07
    Absolutely brilliant. Amazing album.

• Jax0r1337 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Dic 2009, 15:21
    my thoughts on ire works?
    easier to show than to explain.
    http://www.last.fm/user/Jax0r1337

• Simmylein escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Feb 2010, 13:19
    I love this album. It's kind of milestone!

Metalcore Forever!
    • Usuario
    • 26 Nov 2010, 12:20
    love this album, tdep alway do frickin great job ,technically,madness etc.

• One of the best

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.