Last.fm Desktop Application Beta (2012)

• Mac Media Keys support

Guys, mac users really want this keys (pause/play/next song) working. Otherwise we keep using Musicality Client.

• ceolo87 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 15:12

Re: Does not scrobble on foobar

ceolo87 said:
    Scrobbling for the songs i listen from within the last.fm client (i am a subscriber) is done right.

Scratch that, the scrobbling from listening to radio station from within the client is busted too :(. Just the Now Playing notification works.

• kiTTzZus escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 15:37

Re:Does not scrobble on foobar

ceolo87 pisze:
    I just downloaded the new windows client + updated the necessary .dll plugin for my foobar player.
    The problem is that it does not scrobble. The client tries to scrobble but after 5 seconds it resets the scrobbling precentage and starts all over again in a loop.

It does however send the now playing notification accordingly for each song, just doesn't scrobbles them.

This is my feedback so far. Thank you.

got the same : (

• I am on Windows 7 64-bit and having the same problem reported by a few above, as I can't seem to connect to my account (and thus the app remains locked at the initial setup phase). It seems to be tied to launching a browser window for "allow access" approval, but my browser (default = Chrome) doesn't show any reaction. Hitting "continue" triggers this error message (which is ludicrous since I am actually listening to Last.fm right now):

"There was a problem communicating with the Last.fm servers. Please try again later."

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, no cigar. Is it a browser issue? Is it a 64-bit issue? Any actual fix? Envious of you guys who have it working.

• mnvbc escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 10 Abr 2012, 17:46
    Same happening over here.
    I am Using windows Vista and cannot link the client to my account.. When I use internet explorer to connect, the web-page cannot be displayed. This repeats itself over and over again. No way to work around it.
    I am very curious to the new desktop app, but then I need something to begin with.
    I will uninstall this app and re-install the old client. When this issue is resolved I am happy to try again.

• engikous escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 18:03

Why on earth AGAIN there are no shortcuts???

I am still using Everplay as my last fm client cause all i want is basic shortcuts for volume, next, previous, love etc. I dont understand why this feature again does not exist.

• miblack79 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 18:23

No Thanks back to the old one - took out audio device choice

The honest number one reason I use last.fm instead of other music services is because their application allowed me to choose which audio device to use (I have multiple sound cards, and use one just for playing music). Not sure why they'd release a new product and take this option away. No other music service has the option in their application (if they have an application at all) to switch sound cards. If Last.FM decides to go this route I'll just stop using them also.

• iPod scrobbling doesn't work

So far, the new app works on Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3.

But it doesn't scrobble my iPod. It detects the iPod and a small popup appears at the top, but it's not listed in the devices tab.

BTW, it doesn't list the radio stations I listened to today via the website radio player.

• OMG OMG tried this today. What a revolution. First impression is awesome.

I will give feedback after a while.

btw why isn't the date of the song we are currently listing not displayed? Which is the best way to check the release date of the song/album?

ありがとう

Edit:

First impressions
    -Where do I stop the radio? (I was going to ban the song, I miss the old stop button)
    [Do I just pause the music, and start another if I want?]

-There are keyboard shortcuts to skip or love the song?

-My Foobar is working fine, it Scrobbles correctly. (my version is 1.1.7, I haven't uninstalled the before application plugin and I had installed this new beta plugin [file->install pluguins -> foobar]

Edit2:

----Forgot to say that I'm using Windows 7 x64 and 2.1.17 application

• Eediot99 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 21:35

Auto play?

I'm sure it's me but I have to hit pause/play every time a new track loads to get it to start, the radio doesn't play each track automatically. Had look for a setting to do with this but can't see anything.

• CyruzDraxs escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 10 Abr 2012, 22:12
    It's a bug in the Mac version. A really annoying bug. >.>

• jeabraham escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 22:34

Full screen view

I would like a full screen view, so that when listening away from my computer I can glance over and see artwork and large-font titles. (Mac version).

• durnyd escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 22:44

exposed mp3 source + error after each song

Mac OS 10.7.3:

I've included a pastebin link for the Last.fm.log I receive after each song (for everything between one song and the next). Like others have mentioned, I have to pause and play at the beginning of each song. Perhaps this has to do with:
    [120410 22:26:40] QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver

Also, when generating the playlists, the source url for the mp3s are being exposed here (I've obfuscated them here):
    http://pastebin.com/vjEfiQwX

Not sure if that is an issue or not, but thought I would mention it just in case.

Editado por durnyd el 10 Abr 2012, 22:57
    • morktron escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 22:47

Only plays one track at a time (Mac)

I see other people have reported this issue - when playing a radio it only plays one track at a time! My Sony Walkman could do better than that in the 80's ;)

The only way around it is too listen to very long tracks or press pause / play every few mins

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2012, 0:05

Only plays one track at a time (Mac)

Adding my voice to the issue with the Mac client requiring the user to press pause/play to get it to play every single track. It's quite frustrating; please prioritize ;)

• foobar: incorrect scrobbling

When I listened to the same track a few times, data is transferred incorrectly. For example, I listened to the track five times, but on the site is sent only two tracks. Others tracks don't scrobble. OS: Windows 7 + foobar 2000 v1.1.7. Sorry for the bad english ><

• DoctorT escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2012, 1:05
    I have now installed the beta client 2.1.17.

It still won't scrobble all of my music videos even though I have tagged Media Kind as Music Videos.

Music, like language, is universal.
  • Re: Only plays one track at a time (Mac)

d11wtq said:
    Adding my voice to the issue with the Mac client requiring the user to press pause/play to get it to play every single track. It's quite frustrating; please prioritize ;)

Yes, same issue here (Mac OSX 10.6.8)

• Only plays one track at a time (Mac)

Just installed 2.1.17 on iMac 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 with OS 10.6.8 (64bit) with all the latest system updates.
    Have not been experiencing the "Only plays one track at a time" issue when listening to the radio stations. Using an relatively fast ethernet connection at work.

• RhinoL escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2012, 3:40

Run as administrator

mnvbc said:
    Same happening over here.
    I am Using windows Vista and cannot link the client to my account.. When I use internet explorer to connect, the web-page cannot be displayed. This repeats itself over and over again. No way to work around it.
    I am very curious to the new desktop app, but then I need something to begin with.
    I will uninstall this app and re-install the old client. When this issue is resolved I am happy to try again.

If I start the client as a normal user in Windows7, I get complaints about not being able to link to my account. But if I run the client as administrator (having first right clicked the desktop shortcut), the client starts smoothly.

• valcha81 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2012, 5:25

Can't connect to account trough proxy server

I press "Yes, allow access" in "Connect Application" page and get message "There are problem communicating with Last.fm services". Need proxy settings in first.

And in result i lost my old 1.5.4 Last.fm installation. Uhh, reinstallation of 1.5.4.

But thanks for moving!

love art, poetry and special music
    • jklferrer escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2012, 5:33

FEATURE REQUEST

how about adding an option to not scobble audiobooks like for podcasts

• kiTTzZus escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2012, 6:33

Re: FEATURE REQUEST

jklferrer pisze:
    how about adding an option to not scobble audiobooks like for podcasts

i think it's avalilable @ options at the scrobbling tab.

• DoctorT escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2012, 8:33
    iPod scrobbling seems to have taken a step backwards.

I have had various problems, including having my iPod being recognized as 2 or 3 different iPods or occasional tracks played in iTunes scrobbled a second time when I synced my iPod, but using 2.1.16 all the tracks played from my iPod were scrobbled.

Just now, 2.1.17 recognized my iPod and scrobbled 1 track played on it alng with 4 or 5 of the tracks played in iTunes immediately before my iPod listening session, causing duplicate scrobbles. I then used Diagnostics -> Scrobble iPod to see if the rest of the iPod tracks would be scrobbled. The client recognized my "Unknown" iPod, but did not find the remaining 14 tracks that had not been scrobbled, meaning only 1 of 15 tracks played on my iPod was scrobled by 2.1.17.

Music, like language, is universal.
    • Bendrix escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 11 Abr 2012, 22:02

Re:Does not scrobble on foobar

ceolo87 sagte:
    I just downloaded the new windows client + updated the necessary .dll plugin for my foobar player.
    The problem is that it does not scrobble. The client tries to scrobble but after 5 seconds it resets the scrobbling precentage and starts all over again in a loop.

It does however send the now playing notification accordingly for each song, just doesn't scrobbles them.

Scrobbling for the songs i listen from within the last.fm client (i am a subscriber) is done right.

This is my feedback so far. Thank you.

Same problem here.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.