Foro » General Discussion

Am I the only one that hates Facebook?

• time2dive escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Nov 2011, 18:30
    It's invasive and annoying. I cant stand feeling obligated to reciprocate bullshit conversation with old acquaintences and relatives. It makes me sick.

.this is our bomb.
  • No, your not the only one who hates Facebook.

Myspace music, this site and reverbnation are much better than Facebook ever will.....and as for bands having pages on facebook....they should just stop it!

• i_lk escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Nov 2011, 20:43
    If we could get rid of the middle schoolers, the high schoolers, & most of the pointless pages & games & apps & drama, then it would be fine.

Lately I've been wanting to delete mine, but what holds me onto it is the friends that I'd like to keep in touch with. But most of the time everyone's posts just piss me off and I wonder WHY the hell I bother with Facebook.

I miss the days of emailing and instant messaging .</3

n'all you want is a rainbow. n'all you get is the rain. - Animal Kingdom
  • I use it for close friends and a band that I'm in that's developing. Everything else seems pointless and a stupid way for Mark Z. to make money off of you through advertising.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Nov 2011, 21:25
    its pointless to me because i dont use it

but pointless to most that use it because its popular hahaha and make any excuse like......

i only use it for this that and the other ... but i really hate it etc etc

• Mezori escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Nov 2011, 15:29
    its pointless to me because i dont use it [2]

why would i hate it anyway

i dont see why people hating on such a unimportant things

• Facebook is actually pretty important lately since it's become the center of socialization... at least in my area :P which is exactly what bothers me about it.

• Why hate it? If it bothers you then don't use it.

• bacafe escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Dic 2011, 0:49

Re:Am I the only one that hates Facebook?

HankMulder said:
    Am I the only one that hates facebook?

No, but I wouldn't say I hate it, I just don't care about it. Hard to hate something that doesn't particularly bother me. Like I always say, people can do/say whatever they want as long as they don't push their idiocy on me.

Complaints? Please see Dave Null.
    • Skiye escribió...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 4 Dic 2011, 1:45
  • Facebook is essential for me. I know that a lot of people might get tired of application spamming and the general drama, but for someone like its hard to live without.

I'm very shy and find it very difficult to keep in touch with friends and family (let alone making new friends). Also most people that know me in reality don't know my interests and much of my personality. Facebook allows me to be relatively social, express myself and get people wanting to talk with me. Also with school its great to be able ask a classmate a question on an assignment or whatnot.

• Usuario
    • 4 Dic 2011, 6:42
    I never use my facebook page anymore. It's too much pressure to update, and I'm not keen on everyone I know knowing what I do online. This is the only semblance of a private life I have, and I like to keep it that way.

• I do not like what it has become. It was a lot better before it became a more complicated, and anoying version of myspace.

• Usuario
    • 4 Dic 2011, 19:43
    ahhhhhh im addicted to it so i wont even try complaining

• I Activate-deActivate-repeate facebook.

It's a nice tool to keep in touch but I don't enjoy it.

• samszion escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Abr 2012, 16:25
    pranav_kumar said:
    I Activate-deActivate-repeate facebook.

It's a nice tool to keep in touch but I don't enjoy it.

Same here.

• mklinsao escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Abr 2012, 22:08
    Well, I'm a 16-year-old girl, so as you might expect, I'm on my Facebook all the time. I don't even like it that much. I mean, it's not this fun, entertaining site I could spend hours on. It's just convenient, I guess. Being in high school, there's no better way to keep in track with my friends and to coordinate events. Honestly, the reason I use Facebook is probably really pathetic-sounding: everyone else is doing it. How else am I to keep up with all my friends? Texting hurts my thumbs and I can't drive yet, so Facebook is convenient. I've got everyone in the same place.

• I use it loads, but I hate it. I feel like I have to use it though, or I might miss stuff. I hate the way it's wormed its way onto every website.

• Smiley567 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Abr 2012, 22:38
    I don't like it. Purely because I don't see the need for people to see what your doing, where you are, or even what you look like for that matter.

Sure, its a useful tool for communicating, so facebook chat is really all I use.

But I hate all the spamming from apps and games. They're good games, I'll admit, but it gets annoying after a while.

Me as a teenage girl (shoot me) I actually feel a lot of pressure when I put up a status or a photo...I feel like if I don't get enough 'likes' on it then I'm weird in some way (partial anxiety/paranoia problems)

So yeah, while I think facebook is great fo communicating and whatever, I just dont like it, in fact I'm deactivating mine soon

• SaoCartel escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Abr 2012, 3:21
    I've logged in once a year for the last 4 years (joined in 05 or 06). I get no joy from reading anything on it so I don't use it. Mostly have obligatory friends on it from high school, none of which I have spoken to since then. When people in real life ask for my Facebook, I just say I don't have one. Too lazy (and know that it isn't really worth it) to update it anyways. Myspace and all the other sites like it, are just as bad (even more so now, now that they are trying to just copy Facebook).

• The only interaction i need with my friends is in real life not over the internet so yeah i won't be getting a facebook anytime soon.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
    • Eliytres- escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Abr 2012, 10:34
    I do have Facebook, and I'm checking it out about once a day or less. It's not that interesting, but there are some people that I don't see very often in real life and sometimes it can be useful to stay in touch with someone. So I only use it when I want to ask someone about something.

O, rymdens svarta djup...
  • Deactivated mine ages ago, since I didn't even like half the people I was friends with anyway. I reactivate every once in a while if I need to check up on something or contact somebody. I don't hate it, I just prefer interacting with people in real life.

• Usuario
    • 16 Abr 2012, 22:39
    Facebook is one of the very few things I can say I hate, so yes. It's so invasive, both of my privacy and on the entire internet. I'm sick of hearing about it in everyday conversation and seeing links to it on every website. Also, their layout keeps getting worse and worse, especially the "timeline" is awful. In early 2009, when I joined, it was much better.

Eliytres- said:
    I do have Facebook, and I'm checking it out about once a day or less. It's not that interesting, but there are some people that I don't see very often in real life and sometimes it can be useful to stay in touch with someone. So I only use it when I want to ask someone about something.

Yeah, this is me. I only go on it when someone writes on my wall or contacts me - I don't initiate contact through Facebook with anyone unless I can't do so otherwise.

As for "if you don't like, don't use it" - I wish it was that simple. If they make my profile a timeline, that will be my excuse for deactivating it. A lot of people I know have been deactivating theirs, I hope to goodness it becomes a dead has-been fad like MySpace. And another thing is, I never had a MySpace, but looking back on it, Facebook seems 10x worse.

• twitter is the only network I like, I deleted my facebook two years ago, and never want sign up again

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.