3. Jan. 2011, 13:40 von Food_For_Cat
27. Sep. 2008, 18:28 von KMFCMbetween two thieves
They had an mp3.com site. . .way back in the dark ages of 2001
In my mind, they were the best screamo (or "skrams") band nobody knew.
They weren't around very long at all, but I know someone that's seen them play.
They had 5 songs on their mp3.com page, and these are them.
Between Two Thieves songs
(for fans of: Jerome's Dream, Orchid, pg. 99, You and I, Saetia, Usurp Synapse, Neil Perry, This Ship Will Sink, Burial Year, Me and Him Call It Us, and etc.)
1. Sep. 2008, 2:31 von KMFCMStray from the Path - villains
best material to date. I remember loving this band when I first heard them, and thier "hoobacore" and all. . . .but experimental and random as they were and as fun as that was, there's no substitute for good 'ol noisecore like Everytime I Die used to make. Well, okay. . . .it doesn't sound like them really. In fact, this album reminds me of Don The Reader and Romans. I can see how this'll probably be disappointing if you're attached to the days when they'd throw in a jazz part here and there. It's right up my alley though. No songs over 3 minutes either. Short, sweet, awesome.
United Nations - s/t
I've been waiting quite a long time for this one. It's like These Enzymes, except it's got members of bands I really like (Thursday and Converge) and a band I don't like anymore (Glassjaw). . . .playing a style of music I would not expect. . ."skrams"?
Who knows the correct term anymore. .. …
30. Jun. 2008, 23:43 von PsaurcacneosisaGo to the Wikipedia home page and click random article. That is your band's name.
Click random article again; that is your album name.
Click random article 15 more times; those are the tracks on your album.
Band Name: Victor Slezak(is an American stage and screen actor)
Album Name: Orloff Vodka(is made by White Rock Distilleries of Lewiston, Maine.)
Track 1: Sex In Film
Track 2: Lepidodactylus lugubris(The Mourning Gecko or Common Smooth-Scaled Gecko Lepidodactylus lugubris is a species of gecko.)
Track 3: Nyack Union Free School District(is the full name of the school district better known as Nyack Public Schools. The district is located in Rockland County, New York and draws students from towns in Orangetown and Clarkstown.)
Track 4: Mount Davis(New Hampshire) (Mount Davis is a mountain located in Coos County, New Hampshire. The mountain is located along Montalban Ridge, a series of summits extending south from Mount Washington in the White Mountains.)
22. Mär. 2008, 14:14 von waytey89Top 50 Artists:
1. Pavement 943
2. Deerhoof 840
3. My Bloody Valentine 718
4. Bedhead 666
5. Saetia 621
6. Boris 568
7. Dinosaur Jr. 565
8. Orchid 552
9. The Boats 455
10. Modest Mouse 454
11. Sonic Youth 443
12. Melt-Banana 441
13. Mogwai 417
14. Jawbreaker 411
15. The Cribs 397
16. Converge 396
17. Pig Destroyer 392
18. 65daysofstatic 362
19. The Jesus and Mary Chain 356
20. Bad Brains 330
21. Asobi Seksu 324
22. Sans Arc 318
23. Minor Threat 307
23. Pixies 307
25. Cap'n Jazz 301
26. Christie Front Drive 296
27. Bardo Pond 294
28. Be Your Own Pet 286
29. Nick Drake 285
30. The Beatles 283
31. You and I 277
32. Yo La Tengo 271
33. The Libertines 266
33. Interpol 266
35. Burial 265
35. Bob Dylan 265
37. Hot Water Music 258
38. Dead Kennedys 247
39. Neil Perry 245
40. Black Tambourine 243
41. Animal Collective 242
24. Dez. 2007, 4:17 von evesummernightOkay, so here's the deal.
20 albums of this year.
20 albums from other years that i didn't dig until this year.
10 albums that suck.
THE TOP 20 ALBUMS OF THIS YEAR.
20. Radiohead - In Rainbows
Cliche maybe, but at 20? You're probably saying, Dan, you're a prick, you just hate on radiohead. Not true. I think Amnesiac was a phenomenal album (which, to most people who tell me, uh, didn't you think that OK Computer was better? I just laugh). Solid, aggressively radiohead. Which obviously means it's distant, cold, not inviting, but composed with such odd brilliance it's hard not to put this on lists.
19. Dethklok - Dethalbum
This fake album by a fake band is still probably one of my favourite metal releases of the year (well, depends on what you call 'metal'), catchy riffs, overwhelmingly awesome lyrics... sometimes i wonder why it takes one man to make a metal band this cool?
18. Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams
With or without some members, the Wu still knows how to drop it. …
9. Nov. 2007, 2:42 von ChaosProposalWrite any freakin' journals.
Take your top 20 artists. For each of these artists, collect the top 5 similar artists. The resulting number of unique artists is your eclectic score. If the score is small (extreme = 5) your musical preferences are very limited, and if it is large (larger than 80, extreme = 100), then you have an eclectic musical preference. You can compute your own score at http://anthony.liekens.net/pub/scripts/last.fm/eclectic.php
My eclectic score is currently
The 90 related artists for my profile are Alexisonfire, Amon Amarth, Antioch Arrow, Arch Enemy, At the Drive-In (2), Atreyu, Bane, Black Flag (2), Cannibal Corpse, Casey Jones, Children of Bodom, Circle Takes the Square, City of Caterpillar, Clikatat Ikatowi (2), Cursive, Dark Tranquillity, Death Cab for Cutie, Destroyer, DragonForce, Dream Evil, Explosions in the Sky, Finch, Foxhole, Frog Eyes, Funeral for a Friend, God Is an Astronaut, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Heroin (2), Hot Cross, Hüsker Dü…
30. Jun. 2007, 18:34 von jefflucasPut your music player on shuffle.
Post the first 40 songs that come up. You can repeat artists if you want. If you have any repeats, skip to the next track.
1. Kyuss - Supa Scoopa and the Mighty Scoop
2. Adorno - Fetishized Facts
3. Iron And Wine - Muddy Hymmnal
4. CombatWoundedVetern - Dance, Asshole
5. You and I - Tell Me About Your Childhood
6. Rezillos - No
7. Saves the Day - Say You'll Never Leave
8. Comeback Kid - Falling Apart
9. Brutal Knights - Spoil Yourself
10. Engineer - The Iron Worker
11. Immortal Technique - Understand Why
12. Circle Jerks - Behind The Door
13. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Stagger Lee
14. Blood Has Been Shed - And A Seraphim Cries
15. Lil Wayne - Got Money
16. Converge - Sky
17. Sinaloa - The Earth is On Fire
18. House of Blow - Afghani Black
19. Give Up The Ghost - Kick Out The Jams
20. Ol' Dirty Bastard - Shimmy Shimmy Ya
21. Black Flag - Depression
22. Nirvana - Territorial Pissings
19. Mai. 2007, 2:35 von s0nofabe4ch# - 2gether
A - Ampere
C - City of Caterpillar
D - Do Make Say Think
E - Evergreen
F - Fugazi
G - Gregor Samsa
H - Hella
I - Indian Summer
J - Joshua Fit for Battle
K - Kind of Like Spitting
L - Lightning Bolt
M - Men As Trees
N - Navio Forge
O - Off Minor
P - Palatka
Q - Q and Not U
R - Red Sparowes
S - Sparklehorse
T - Take Down Your Art
U - Ultra Dolphins
V - Vincent Price's Orphan Powered Death Machine
W - Wilco
X - Xiu Xiu
Y - You and I
Z - Zapp and Roger
1. Feb. 2007, 22:36 von HardcorePandaThe idea is to go to the page of your number one artist, and follow the link of it's number one similar artist, then repeating that for this artist and so on, noting down each artist as you go. Do this until you've got to 50 artists (not including your number one). If you get any repeats, just go to the second similar artist or the nearest one that you haven't already had.
Started with: The Blood Brothers
1. Fear Before The March Of Flames
2. the number twelve looks like you
3. Circle Takes the Square
5. Hot Cross
7. City of Caterpillar
9. Niel Perry
10. Joshua Fit for Battle
11. Funeral Diner
13. La quiete
14. Louise Cyphre
15. The Apoplexy Twist Orchestra
16. Tristan Tzara
17. June Paik
18. Am I Dead Yet
20. Cease Upon the Capitol
21. Her Breath on Glass
22. Only for the Sake of Aching
23. Loma Prieta
24. Enoch Ardon
25. Suis la lune
26. Sed Non Satiata
27. Mihai Edrisch
29. Amanda Woodward
30. Yaphet Kotto