14. Jul. 2009, 9:16 von champersnovaYou know how it feels when your favorite bands release new stuff. There is this huge excitement , happiness with expectations high. Some sneaky suspicion bugging you inside on the versus side. What if it doesn’t catch up with the previous perfectnesses? And it was what I had in mind once I got to hear about the album #3 from The Stills (Tim Fletcher, Dave Hamelin, Olivier Corbeil, Liam O’Neil, Julien Blais). With their second LP – Without Feathers coming out you know how the funs got split into two. Post-punker based hardcore fans acquired from the debut Logic Will Break Your Heartwere not happy with the new Americana-ish influenced sound where the rest was welcoming new experiments and Dave Hamelin’s moving forth up to guitar and more vocals from behind the drums. What it would gonna sound like this time, I was nervously thinking. Good thing happens when disappointment is far far away from what you get in the end and what even better is that the excitement you have keeps itself…
14. Jul. 2007, 1:59 von SchmuckelThe original Frankenstein mix on which all other Frankenmixes were based upon.
 A song from the last record you bought
Howard Shore (the Return of the King) – The Black Gate Opens
 A blues: not a necessarily a blues record but a song that is labelled (something) blues
Bright Eyes – Landlocked Blues
I found a liquid cure
for my landlocked blues
it will pass away
like a slow parade
it's leaving but I don't know how soon.
 A song that gets you going in the morning
The Stills – In The Beginning
How did this start?
And where did we begin?
In a ball of fire
And stars and suns
And that brings me here, now
Where my heart's caving in
A tornado whips in around the poles
And it's raining.
 A song that you think is romantic
Tom Petty – Alright For Now
I've spent my life travelin'
I've spent my life free
23. Jun. 2007, 3:21 von SchmuckelI was inspired by A requiem for the mix tape to post my entries for Frankenmix; a livejournal based mix tape project. I am posting these to prove that the delicate art of mix tapes is far from extinction. There are still people who painstakingly rearrange songs and take hours to decide which songs to use (or in my case for Frankenmix 13.0, weeks), even if they create the mix on the computer.
 A song for new beginnings (January)
The Stills – In The Beginning
This story ends
The face I love
The city I'm from
The persons I've met
The persons I've let down
But a hero never turns around.
 A song for love (February)
Modern English – Melt With You
I'll stop the world and melt with you
(Let's stop the world)
1. Mai. 2006, 10:13 von sheepmaster
4. Apr. 2006, 19:10 von loveanddeathLast night I stood in the rain for two hours outside of a church. "doors have been pushed back about 45 minutes", said angry dungeon-guarding guy. And so we all waited. about half an hour later we all formed a sort of line. in that line everyone stayed for another 45 minutes, until the rain started to pour, and they ran over to an overhang of some sort to keep dry. good thing we had an umbrella. and so we waited longer. finally, those Stills decided all was ready. tickets were quickly collected and people piled around the small stage. Sam Roberts Band came and did their set. it was very good, and really seasoned everyone for the coming act. The Stills finally came out at 11:15 pm or so, and started the set with a tune called In The Beginning. since a lot of people had heard it on Myspace, it was received with open arms. next was the familiar Lola Stars and Stripes followed by many others from the upcoming album, and the encore featured Retour a Vega which was beautifully done. …