12. Feb. 2012, 20:24 von Parasence
23. Jun. 2011, 20:51 von amodelofcontrolYes, I'm still on something of a retro tip. After seeing a depressing "top selling dance songs of the noughties" list, I began thinking back to the stuff I loved in the nineties. I was, to be fair, heavily into big beat and drum and bass in my uni days, so this list might well be heavily skewed. But needless to say, there was far too much to squeeze into just ten songs, so this has spiralled into rather more than that. But, it all deserved mentioning, and as always, there are playlists to listen to them on.
Anyway, the way I'm going to do this is to split tracks into their respective genres, or at least as close as I can get to them. So, lets make the beats very big indeed to start with. One compilation that encapsulates my love of mid-90s dance was this monster of a compilation: [album artist=Various artists]Brit Hop and Amyl House. …
13. Okt. 2007, 21:59 von andrewdotnichOk guys here's a personality test with a twist. Open up Windows Media or iTunes if it's not already open and go to All Music. Set it to Play shuffled. Ask the question and then press the next button and see what your music shows about you.
How does the world see me?
Will I have a happy life?
What do people really think of me?
Do people secretly lust after me?
Make A Move On Me LOL
How can I make myself happy?
What should I do with my life?
Will I ever have children?
Gold Digger :-(
What is some good advice for me?
What do I think my current theme song is?
Only 'Cause I Don't Have You - ouch so true
What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Something In The Air
What song will play at my funeral?
The Last Saskatchewan Pirate
What type of men/women do you like?
Avec le vent
What is my day going to be like?
30. Jun. 2007, 0:51 von cyborg86pllasta używa moja siostra. teraz również i ja. zainteresowałem się tym "narzędziem" głównie ze względu na wykrywanie pokrewieństwa stylów u grup muzycznych. kocham prodigy ale ileż razy można słuchać tego samego (wiele, bo moje żywe zainteresowanie ich muzyką nie zbladło, szukam po prostu coraz więcej). i cóż, wkradłem się na lasta, wpisałem prodigy i moim oczom ukazała się lista a na niej The Crystal Method. od razu skojarzyłem 2 i 3 utwór z zaproponowanych. Keep Hope Alive oraz Busy Child kojarzyłem dobrze z gry FIFA 98 i to kojarzyłem bardzo dobrze, ale nigdy nie dotarłem do wykonawców "ścieżki dźwiękowej" gry (z której poza tym pochodzi np wspaniały Song 2 grupy Blur)
wgłębiłem się w klimat CM ale było mi mało. i tu trafiłem na kolejny brylancik - Fluke, który zaimponował mi utworem Snapshot...
jak na razie poszukiwania zakończyłem a wdrażam się w 2 nowe odkrycia i z całkiem niezłym skutkiem. zaczynam się zakochiwać (coraz bardziej) w tego typu elektronicznych dźwiękach
10. Apr. 2007, 16:27 von F_HoleI occasionally suffer from mild bouts of depression, sometimes seasonal, sometimes situational, always from a bad attitude.
I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but I just started a playlist that includes any tune that cheers me the fuck up. Artists, genres, instruments, singers; it doesn't matter, just so long as the tune passes the test: It cheers me the fuck up.
I've found working on the playlist when depressed to be somewhat daunting, so I recommend doing this when you're feeling good, if you want to try it yourself.
Caring for my Mom during her last years, I noticed music seemed to totally cut through her dementia/Alzheimer's, and subsequently noted several research articles on Alzheimer's that made good mention of music's effects on patients.
Pure joy (which, for me, includes music) seems to nullify or bypass the stultifying intellect which is, after all, only a means of conveyance.
The upshot: I was walking around my old college stomping grounds, visiting Boston for a Photoshop conference. …
28. Jun. 2006, 20:38 von OthelloMTGo ahead, laugh if you want. Me, the twenty-year-old macho guy listening to techno and metal at the same time. Sounds absurd, right? Motorhead and DJ Tiesto don't mix.
Well, when it comes to this style of music that on one hand annoys me to no end and on the other sticks in my head more than the lick from My Father's Eyes, I've got to say I love and hate it.
Techno started for me with 9 PM. This song is a classic. For a long time I didn't know what it was, but I heard it and it was in my mind, on the edge of my tongue and it drove me nuts. And then I figured out what it was and now I have had some peace, heh.
And, of course, there's The Prodigy. I first heard Breathe on MuchMusic (Canada's MTV) and I was hooked. That whole album, The Fat of the Land is brilliant. Funky Shit is exactly that - funky fucking shit. Love that song. I guess what I'm trying to say is the brand of techno-industrial that The Prodigy are peddling is the fucking shit.
16. Mai. 2006, 4:12 von vandaleyesI've compiled a mix of some of my favourite instrumental songs. It took a great deal of consideration and there are many that didn't make the final cut. If you have any suggestions for additions or just want to suggest some good instrumental stuff then just then let me know in one of those little ol' comment boxes so conveniently placed below this entry. Side One is the more upbeat one and Size Two is more "mellon collie." Haha, I'm so freaking funny.
The Number Song
Left Hand Suzuki Method
J.A.T.S. Are Go!
Lovely Head (Miss World mix)
Don't Save Us From the Flames
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Highschool Lover (Theme from The Virgin Suicides)
Dumb This Down
Yes, I know. One of the unwritten rules of making mixes is to not include two songs by the same artist. …
16. Mai. 2006, 1:17 von IanARI've been getting in touch with my inner party girl ...
... by having a listen to scarebear's "I Am A Party Girl Here Is My Soundtrack" tag http://static.last.fm/matt/tinyradio.gif
How's it sound? Well its a pure track tag of over 120 streamable tracks, so you can be sure that each track's been handpicked, to suit scarebear's party persona. The selections eclectic and all danceable. Picture an excellent DJ at a WASP wedding reception, with an extensive record collection on hand, trying to make everyone very happy, at least, some of the time, but not caring too much about keeping all of the people vaguely happy all of the time.
I made more discoveries than skips and when I found my inner party girl shaking her tushie, I re-tagged, creating my own little "I Am A Party Girl Here Is My Soundtrack" station http://static.last.fm/matt/tinyradio.gifRed AlertRaptureSong 2ConnectionFeel Good Inc. …
16. Feb. 2006, 21:38 von DarthemedSo, (I'm guessing) due to how I'm the only DJ to get his show in consistently on time, I was approached by the faculty person in charge of the radio service, and asked to pick out about 40 songs (no set genre, just good stuff), record a 2-minute station ID, and they would play the songs randomized during the summer. Here's the current choices, and some feedback before I finalize it would be appreciated.
Commissioning A Symphony In C
Fortress of Doors
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Life on Mars?
Enjoy The Silence (Reinterpreted)
Genesis (feat. Joshua Ryan)
Transformers Rave Mix
Summer Here Kids
Ashes in Your Mouth
The Call of Ktulu (S&M version)
Bed of Roses
Jesus Built My Hotrod
The Death of John Smith
Fiction (Dreams In Digital)
Loretta Young Silks
Da Bo$$ Would Like To See You