27. Mai. 2011, 17:30 von dikiz
16. Jan. 2011, 3:57 von kcwyckoffSo this year I decided to get even more self-indulgent and make a list of my fifty favorite albums from 2010. Here they are...
#50 Nest - Retold (Norway)
Highlights: Kyoto, Marefjellet
My favorite ambient album of the year. Lots of ominous but incredibly beautiful strings and piano. Great to study to. I don’ know a thing about the band.
#49 Holy Fuck - Latin (Toronto)
Highlights: Red Lights, Stay Lit
My favorite all analog electronic band returns better than ever. Driving acoustic drums and lots of cool old-school synths.
#48 Black Mountain – Wilderness Heart (Vancouver)
Highlights: The Hair Song, Old Fangs
The psych-rockers add a little light to their dark sound. The male/female vocals play off each other perfectly on The Hair Song. Not to mention its got one of the best album covers I’ve seen.
13. Jan. 2011, 7:09 von justfetus
The Best Albums of 2010
plus honorable mentions and let-downs
2010 was an amazing year of music, in my opinion. I had to listen/re-listen to a lot of albums to get a comprehensive and true-to-my-thoughts list compiled. The album descriptions and reviews are written in a simple style, due to the fact that I get really pissed when I read music reviews that give me extremely obscure information, imply knowledge of at least 6 other unrelated albums, and use adjectives that normal humans would never use to describe anything. On top of that, those kinds of reviews usually don’t even give me a good idea of what the album sounds like, and I would probably spend less time listening to the album than trying to figure out what each sentence means.
Anyway, after hours and hours of work, I present to you my year-end music list!
MGMT – Congratulations
MGMT released an insanely catchy, wide-appeal collection of songs a few years ago on Oracular Spectacular. …
9. Jan. 2011, 5:38 von supson2010 was a year of many amazing things (our 4th child, the Olympics), but music was not really one of them. There were plenty of good albums, but nothing great that completely blew me away, and the fact I went to only a handful of concerts is a testament to this. However, 2011 is shaping up to be one of the biggest years in music ever with a ton of incredible artists due to unleash new materials. Here’s a look back at the best of the past 12 months, plus the always controversial albums that I had high hopes for but really sucked. Also check out the accompanying post on my site that has some other interesting stats about the top artists of 2010: http://bit.ly/eN0wqj.
26. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
This is a decent album, in fact it is their best to date. There's no doubt they're talented but I'm still waiting for the epiphany that many others seem to have had around this band. Being Canadian, I'm sure happy that so many others have had a divine conversion though.
Stand Out Track: Ready to Start
7. Jan. 2011, 21:59 von HankSinatra25. You - Gold Panda
24. This Unfolds - Four Tet
23. Daisy - Fang Island
22. Young Blood - The Naked and Famous
21. Everlasting Light - The Black Keys
20. Kids - Sleigh Bells
19. A More Perfect Union - Titus Andronicus
18. White Sky - Vampire Weekend
17. Home - LCD Soundsystem
16. Helicopter - Deerhunter
2. Jan. 2011, 13:34 von keport
2. Jan. 2011, 3:37 von j_morrison
30. Dez. 2010, 21:56 von HankSinatra5 Albums That Need More Love
It's getting harder to pick out albums that need more attention, since everyone seems to already know about everything. Here are 5 albums that don't seem to get mentioned too often, but would definitely be in my top 50 of 2010:
1. The Soft Wave - Arp
I love Another Green World and this album is as close as anything I've ever heard to replicating it's sound and feel. Listen to "From a Balcony Overlooking the Sea" to see for yourself.
2. Blooming Summer EP - Blue Hawaii
I fell pretty hard for chillwave this year, and though it is still a (terribly-named) genre I enjoy quite a bit, I make no claims that it will hold up over the next few years. This fantastic EP, though it may be lumped in with that crowd, should hold up just fine. Cokemachineglow ranked it as the #10 album of the year, but that is the only place I have read anything about this EP, so I figured it deserved inclusion in my list as well.
23. Dez. 2010, 15:13 von Ohne_GottA unas horas de partir y dejar de usar la computadora por aproximadamente 15 días, lo cual me parece inhumano, registrare mi usual lista personal acerca de que fue lo que más escuche en el año, siendo las 8:47 hrs del día 23 de Diciembre del 2010, comenzare este ejercicio extraño que tanto me place.
Las 10 Bandas + Escuchadas
10. Arctic Monkeys (411 veces)
9. TV on the Radio (472 veces)
8. Pink Floyd (487 veces)
7. Arcade Fire (497 veces)
6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs[ (531 veces)
5. The White Stripes (547 veces)
4. The Dears (594 veces)
3. Kings of Leon (627 veces)
2. My Morning Jacket (700 veces)
1. The Black Keys (1381 veces)
Las 10 Canciones + Escuchadas
5. Everlasting Light (30 veces)
5. DLZ (30 veces)
5. Remember When (Side B) (30 veces)
5. Psychotic Girl (30 veces)
5. Strange Times (30 veces)
5. Mornings Eleven (30 veces)
4. Wicked Gil (31 veces)
2. So He Won't Break (32 veces)
2. The Ghost of Genova Heights (32 veces)
1. Same Old Thing (46 veces)
Los 10 Discos + Escuchados
23. Dez. 2010, 8:42 von brushfired“GOOD MORNING, MYSTERY OF LIFE!”
In an effort to organize myself the arduous task called ''Best Albums in 2010'', I have, here, a list of all albums released in 2010 that I have listened to.
01. High Violet by The National
Key Tunes: Terrible Love, Sorrow, Little Faith
“Imagine sitting in front of your therapist and discussing life’s miserable journeys, wandering through both the past and the present – the good, the bad and, mostly, the very ugly – absorbing these memories, accepting them, and letting them take you over ‘like a little drop of ink in a glass of water’. This is the experience of listening to The National.”
"Perfect summations of what it means to be young, deeply romantic, but also feel terribly old at the same time; terribly cynical about the caverns of unknowing and lurking tragedy that surround every relationship, waiting to destroy it. …