29. Jun. 2015, 14:54 von CeeJaiGee
11. Apr. 2012, 23:11 von OwainTreharneI think this is the full list. Almost. Probably missed a few. Maintaining is a hell of a lot easier than starting it
Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. x 3 !!!!
The Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell
Afro Celt Sound System
The Afternoon Gentleman
Against Me! x 2
Alkaline Trio x 2
Aluk Todolo !!!!
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead x 2 !!!!
Angels & Airwaves
Angel Witch x 2
Animals as Leaders
Architects x 2
Art of Burning Water
Ash x 3
At the Drive-In
At the Gates x 3 !!!!
Basement Torture Killings
The Beach Boys
Bedouin Soundclash x 3
Behemoth x 2
Between the Buried and Me x 2
31. Dez. 2011, 23:33 von bjeerIn no particular order. Completely subjective. (Note: no updates after the end of 2012.)
Alcest - Les voyages de l'Âme (shoegaze / post-black metal)
Crippled Black Phoenix - (Mankind) The Crafty Ape (progressive rock / post-rock)
Glass Kites - Glass Kites (progressive rock)
Soen - Cognitive (progressive metal)
Anathema - Weather Systems (progressive rock)
Arctic Plateau - The Enemy Inside (shoegaze / post-rock)
Villebråd - Ampersand (progressive rock)
Sigur Rós - Valtari (post-rock / ambient)
Ian Anderson - Thick As a Brick 2 (progressive rock)
Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion (progressive rock / psychedelic folk)
North Atlantic Oscillation - Fog Electric (art rock)
Trioscapes - Separate Realities (jazz fusion)
Farmers Market - Slav to the Rhythm (jazz / folk / progressive rock)
Analogik - New Seeland ("gypsy polkatronica")
The Samuel Jackson Five - The Samuel Jackson Five (progressive rock / post-rock)
Brasstronaut - Mean Sun (indie rock / jazz)
4. Jul. 2011, 20:33 von scratchmynameSome things I am not entirely proud of.
Angus and Julia Stone (With Damien Rice)
Antony and the Johnsons
Belle and Sebastian X2 (& Stuart Murdoch alone X1)
Benjamin Francis Leftwich
Boat To Row
Corrinne Bailey Rae
The Cribs (with Johnny Marr) (and then Johnny Marr Solo X1)
De La Soul
Doll And The Kicks
Empire of the Sun
Florence and The Machine
The Go! Team
Hot Club de Paris
Iggy & The Stooges
7. Aug. 2010, 19:52 von sleepingyearsThe Sleeping Years have recorded a cover of ‘Cattle and cane‘ by The Go-Betweens for release this month with The Explorer’s Club.
The Explorers Club is a collaboration between LOAF Recordings and Arctic Circle. Together they plan to bring you a series of special, one-off singles released once a month from 30, or so artists from the four corners of the globe. http://www.l-o-a-f.com/explore
Some of the artists and labels involved in The Explorer's Club are Sweet Billy Pilgrim, Peter Broderick, Johann Johannsson, Nils Frahm, Bella Union, Static Caravan, 4AD, Minotaur Shock & J Underwood, Homelife, Ted Barnes & Emily Barker and Hauschka.
‘Cattle and cane‘ will be released on the 18th Aug and you will be able to order the track on its own or you can subscribe to access all tracks released so far on The Explorer’s Club.
You can listen to ‘Cattle and cane‘ now on soundcloud:
12. Jul. 2010, 19:51 von moneebHop Farm have gone far in an attempt to establish themselves as a unique, no nonsense festival, but with mixed success. Though they kept to their "no sponsorship, no branding" promise, its difficult to say how excessive security checks and serpentine drinks queues honoured such an image. Fortunately, the event was, as one would have hoped for, a rather leisurely-paced affair: a gentle fly-by through modern and classic folk rock. Up-and-coming artists Mumford & Sons and Laura Marling stood firm along side their folk rock forefathers Bob Dylan, Van Morrison and Ray Davies...
Read the rest of the article at http://www.distantreverb.com/gigreview.php?id=12
Fri 2 Jul – Hop Farm Festival 2010
Sat 3 Jul – Hop Farm Festival
Mumford And Sons
The Magic Numbers
Afro Celt Sound System
15. Feb. 2010, 19:36http://www.svcrecords.co.uk/images/numbskull.jpg
Every now and again here at svc towers we like to treat you guys to a freebie...
Past free releases have included ep's or albums by the likes of Sweet Billy Pilgrim, The City and Horses, Seb Roberts and The Phantom Carriage, proving that free does not necessarily mean shit.
Anyway, Lord Numb and ourselves have decided to carry on the tradition so we're giving away his debut album 'Numbskull' as a free high quality download.
Lord Numb hails from London Town and armed with his Moog and his Telecaster (spliced together at a molecular level) has created his own little universe. In this universe you will find David Bowie, I Monster, Eno, Whitey, Kraftwerk, AC/DC, Air, The Cure and Daft Punk all hanging out and 'jamming good with Weird and Gilly'....
Head on over to Lord Numb's page at svc to listen to a couple of tracks, read a little more and download the album.
Lord Numb @ SVC Records.
4. Jan. 2010, 8:18 von qdes1. David Sylvian - Manafon
2. Bike For Three! - More Heart Than Brains
3. Leonard Cohen - Live In London
4. Harold Budd & Clive Wright - Candylion
5. Alexander Rybak - Fairytales
6. Ludovico Einaudi - Nightbook
7. Themselves - Crownsdown
8. Sweet Billy Pilgrim - Twice Born Men
9. Bodies Without Organs - Big Science
10. Alcazar - Disco Defenders
31. Dez. 2009, 15:52 von alapastelbest albums recommendation for people with similar taste as mine :)
these are mine most listened albums of the year.
accent goes to originality, complexity and qualitative discoveries of specific album.
rock: altrock, indie rock, post rock, art rock:
; Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind (ep) [Domino] (2009)8-8,5/10
; Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion [Domino] (2009)8-8,5/10
; Our Brother the Native - Sacred Psalms [FATCAT] (2009)8/10
Still Life Still - Girls Come Too ] (2009)7,5/10
The Black Heart Procession - Six 7,5/10
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest [warp] (2009)7,5/10
The Dead Sea - The Dead Sea (2009)7,5/10
The Twilight Sad - Forget the Night Ahead (2009)7,5/10
The Temper Trap - Conditions (2009)7,5/10
The xx - xx (2009)7,5/10
Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca (2009)7/10
The Horrors - Primary Colours (2009)7/10
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (2009)7/10
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz! (2009)7/10
Lotus Plaza - The Floodlight Collective (2009)7/10
13. Dez. 2009, 1:37 von y2penni1)Animal Collective – Merriweather Post Pavilion
A blogger fittingly described it as, “A glittering whirlpool of synthetic sound”. On form, Animal Collective are untouchable. Comparing MPP to their last records, it’s more refined, more accessible, but a step forward in the contemporary world of Indie Pop. I feel they’ve reached their apex of creativity with a sound they’ve been experimenting on since Sung Tongs. It’s certainly a refinement on Strawberry Jam, and it’ll be a benchmark for future electronica records to come. I love its textures, its energy, its desire to be new and original, its flexibility, and its fluency. MPP is a sonic representation of its album cover, it’s vividly mesmerizing. Technically, the rhythms are pretty complex. The harmonies are gorgeous, with much homage to The Beach Boys, owing to Panda Bear. His partnership with Avey Tare on this record works so well (see My Girls). The production is full and meticulous, with layers and layers of drones, filtered synth warbles…