17. Okt. 2009, 4:24 von la_perdida
2. Jun. 2008, 20:19 von DoorchaserI still remember the first time I heard Arne's outlet! We (My allready deceased Blues-Thrash-outfit called A.R.S.E.!) were doing this interview on Louvains student radio “Radio Scorpio”. After he show the DJ put on this record and I instantly asked: “Who is this??? This is amazing...” Turns out to be Styrofoam!
Belgium's Arne van Petegem abandoned the guitar-based space-rock experiment of Tin Foil Star's Too Late Then Too Late Now (Noise Museum, 1999) to focus on Styrofoam, a laptop-based project devoted to abrasive and distorted electronic pop, bordering on Autechre's glitch aesthetics, that debuted with the instrumental album The Point Misser (Morr, 2000), highlighted by acid pieces such as Heaven Is Burning and Psychic Friends Network, and the vocal album A Short Album About Murder(Morr, 2001), a melodic excursion rich in ambience. The romantic aspects of the latter were further refined on the vocal tunes of I'm What's There To Show That Something's Missing (Morr…
10. Nov. 2007, 11:39 von YameteKudasaiIts been a bit rough to change from the thought that I can just go download whatever I want. Its been good though. I listen to the stuff I have way more than I did before and now I remember why I bought it in the first place.
I ended up with 5 free songs on itunes for joining the ticketmaster group on facebook so I used them to get 5 songs off the newest Styrofoam album Nothing's Lost. Its a great album and I will have to pick up the other tracks. It reminds me of Dntelsomewhat which is good since I love that music.
I feel like doing this has given me a chance to really digest the music.
29. Mär. 2007, 17:43 von newkid7
10. Dez. 2006, 13:33 von fieroavian